• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new asues tablet

Hi All

I am brand new to this forum. Just bought a new aseus tablet. I really like it though still learning about it.

Still having some difficulty though and questions.
I would like to put a external sd card will it support a 32 gb card ?
I do have one and out it in but can not get it to open even though I put it in my laptop and it shows items on it.
I do have file expert in it when I select the external sd card it states unable to open.
Also when I put the sd card in it does not fully go in there appears to be a spring that pushes it out ? I am used to the laptop where when you put the card in it clicks into place and pushing against it allows the spring to push it out. Not sure what is going on even a smaller card will not open on the tablet.

Hi there, denisereinhart! Welcome to AF! :)

Congratulations on your new device! Which one did you get, by the way? That is what we would need to know to be able to tell what size card it can accept.

It almost sounds as if you are not getting the card fully seated in the tablet. It would need to be if it were to have a chance of opening.

I have heard of some folk having to use the device itself to format the cards they tried to use. Not sure if this is will be an issue here or not.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hi there, denisereinhart! Welcome to AF! :)

Congratulations on your new device! Which one did you get, by the way? That is what we would need to know to be able to tell what size card it can accept.

It almost sounds as if you are not getting the card fully seated in the tablet. It would need to be if it were to have a chance of opening.

I have heard of some folk having to use the device itself to format the cards they tried to use. Not sure if this is will be an issue here or not.
I have the asus memo ME172
Android version 4.1.1
Kernal version 3.0.8
build number ME172v-US_user4.5.4.31116393_20130910

Upvote 0
I was just looking at one of those the other day! :)

A guy I was working with had just got it. He told me that he could put up to a 16 gig card into it. I thought I had read it would handle a 64 gig.

We have forums for Asus MeMO Tablets, but not that one specifically. http://androidforums.com/asus-memo-pad-10/

I guess that my next question is if you can get a card to fully seat in it?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, Denise!

dustwun's given you some great advice up above :thumbup: :).

Not exactly sure which version of the Memo Pad you have, but have a peek at the following Asus Memo Pad forums we have and maybe see if one of the members in there have any experience with your issue:

ASUS MeMO Pad - Android Forums

ASUS MeMO Pad 10 - Android Forums

ASUS MeMO Pad HD - Android Forums

ASUS MeMO Pad FHD - Android Forums

(we could also move your thread if you wanted, just let us know which one is right and if you want to or not).

Cheers and best of luck!

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones