• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New bug i found with 2.2 and its really aggravating.

Just curious - do you have your screen always on while charging - I do, and that doesn't cause a problem.

Man - I gotta track down that thing besides the SD reformat... there was one other solved case....

Meanwhile, you might as well try the SD card do-over - you've done everything else! ;)

Nope I always have it off, or let it turn off. That way it should charge a bit faster, but obviously not after 2.2 lol.

I love how in the market its only showing the apps i purchased. :(

Yea I had this problem as well, and then one day all my apps popped up. Thing is, after some time, all the apps disappeared again -_-. Just another minor thing.

Upvote 0
I have a similiar issue; I just updated my phone to froyo last night and had no apparent issues. When I woke up I noticed that despite charging the phone overnight the battery was dead. I was able to start the phone up with the charger plugged in. This is when I found out that the battery won't receive a charge. I have tried using the standard plug as well as plugging the usb cable into the computer; no dice. The lightning bolt on the top right of the screen is there, but the green slice on the battery that usually shifts from right to left is stuck. I tried a factory reset on the phone, reformatting the sd card, and the Network/CDMA trick and nothing is working. I feel like it has to be related to the update as I had no battery issues at all before.

Any other ideas how to fix it? I bought my phone at Best Buy, and of course they are all sold out in the area, so it will be a major pain getting a replacement (I'm within the 30 day window). I'd appreciate any ideas.

Upvote 0
I have a similiar issue; I just updated my phone to froyo last night and had no apparent issues. When I woke up I noticed that despite charging the phone overnight the battery was dead. I was able to start the phone up with the charger plugged in. This is when I found out that the battery won't receive a charge. I have tried using the standard plug as well as plugging the usb cable into the computer; no dice. The lightning bolt on the top right of the screen is there, but the green slice on the battery that usually shifts from right to left is stuck. I tried a factory reset on the phone, reformatting the sd card, and the Network/CDMA trick and nothing is working. I feel like it has to be related to the update as I had no battery issues at all before.

Any other ideas how to fix it? I bought my phone at Best Buy, and of course they are all sold out in the area, so it will be a major pain getting a replacement (I'm within the 30 day window). I'd appreciate any ideas.

Have you tried pulling the battery out for a bit then back in? I went back to using the original AC plug in from HTC that came with phone and it started to charge it. Try that and report back.

Upvote 0
Update: after performing another factory reset/sd card wipe/CDMA PRL Trick I was somehow able to get the phone to actually charge last night. I was hopeful that everything would be smooth sailing, but I woke up to a dead phone again while plugged in. I did fill my phone back up with apps and SD card data which might of not been a good idea.

This morning I have gone through the steps again (factory reset/sd card wipe/CDMA PRL Trick) and the phone is still stuck not charging...

Upvote 0
And it's not charging again... this is frustrating! I have done nothing to the phone since the factory reset/sd card wipe/CDMA PRL Trick... it was charging through the standard usb cable/wall outlet config, I left for a meeting, and hour later I check the phone and despite the amber light being on the battery level is stuck... any other tricks to try?

Upvote 0
Man, this one is tapping me right out.

You could try without restoring any of your apps -and also removing everything from the SD card (backup to PC), reformat it from the PC as FAT32 and monitor it.

If you have a clean SD card, reformatted and nothing on it, plus a factory reset and only stock apps plus Network for the radio trick - and it won't hold charge - then the only things left are hardware or the installation went flaky and the whole 2.2 needs a re-install.

Upvote 0
I purchased MyBackup Pro - works like a gem. My only concern is if I get a new device and need to re-download MyBackup Pro, will I need to re-pay for it?

That goes for all apps I've paid for? The iPhone interfaces with iTunes, but since Android doesn't have a 'home center/app' on your computer, how does this work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones