• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My third Droid Has run more stable/cooler than my previous two, is easier on the battery on the same exact OS/setup, plus the colors on screen seem to have more POP to them. The vibration is wayy quicker also.

The first one was never rooted, ran HOT a lot, and went into a bootloader loop..second one the LCD backlight died..

Seems that QC at Moto could be a BIT better. But then again Moto is known for this kind of thing.

EDIT: Build dates 42/09,51/09 and 50/09

Upvote 0
I agree the QC could be greatly improved upon. I sadly do not know if I want the next droid to be Motorola lol. I think I would like it to be LG although if it is voyager quality then forget it. I will say though the Dare was a great phone so you never know. I also really like HTC but it sounds like they have been having issues as well with weird screens and crap cellular radios and plasticy feel.

Upvote 0
I agree LG would be a good choice.. IF they use a touchscreen system such as the Moto Droid has. Funny you should say the dare was a great phone.. I've read all over the place that they were crap. The other phone on my plan is the LG chocolate touch...decent phone except for the damn hard to use touchscreen. Seems it has to be squeezed before it activates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones