New Droid

Last Updated:

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to comment on a replacement droid I got today...The lights on the bottom for the touch buttons are bright white instead of soft purple. So far I have had a droid with blue lights, purple lights and now bright white...lol what a variety!

Advertisement
  2. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

I am still on my original one from launch day but I have the all of those lights lol. The search is bright white, the home is bluish, the menu is purple, and the back is a faint white!

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

My third Droid Has run more stable/cooler than my previous two, is easier on the battery on the same exact OS/setup, plus the colors on screen seem to have more POP to them. The vibration is wayy quicker also.

The first one was never rooted, ran HOT a lot, and went into a bootloader loop..second one the LCD backlight died..

Seems that QC at Moto could be a BIT better. But then again Moto is known for this kind of thing.

EDIT: Build dates 42/09,51/09 and 50/09

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LOL this new one tho the lights are all bright white and all the same brightness but my past droids all had varying brightnesses hahaha

5. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

I agree the QC could be greatly improved upon. I sadly do not know if I want the next droid to be Motorola lol. I think I would like it to be LG although if it is voyager quality then forget it. I will say though the Dare was a great phone so you never know. I also really like HTC but it sounds like they have been having issues as well with weird screens and crap cellular radios and plasticy feel.

6. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

I agree LG would be a good choice.. IF they use a touchscreen system such as the Moto Droid has. Funny you should say the dare was a great phone.. I've read all over the place that they were crap. The other phone on my plan is the LG chocolate touch...decent phone except for the damn hard to use touchscreen. Seems it has to be squeezed before it activates.

7. Grecho

Grecho Well-Known Member

i had the dare before the droid, i hated it, before that i had the original chocolate, i hated that also,,,, both horrible phones as far as i was concerned.