• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Every Two question

I upgraded to the Droid Eris with my New Every Two deal back in November. While I liked it at first, the horrible lag and limited future functionality (i.e. probably not upgrading any higher than Android 2.1) make me want to get an Incredible until I can hopefully upgrade to a 4G phone in August 2011 when I get my new every two deal again. While I would love an Incredible, I don't really want to pay $529 or more for it right now.

My mother is eligible for her New Every Two phone but is instead keeping her old phone because she's not very tech savvy and doesn't want to upgrade to a phone she won't use and doesn't want to pay for the data plan. My question is, is it possible for her to order an Incredible online using her New Every Two but not activate it and sell it to me so that I can activate it under my plan? Will she be automatically billed for the data plan or does that not start until she were to activate it? Any feedback on this would be great!

I upgraded to the Droid Eris with my New Every Two deal back in November. While I liked it at first, the horrible lag and limited future functionality (i.e. probably not upgrading any higher than Android 2.1) make me want to get an Incredible until I can hopefully upgrade to a 4G phone in August 2011 when I get my new every two deal again. While I would love an Incredible, I don't really want to pay $529 or more for it right now.

My mother is eligible for her New Every Two phone but is instead keeping her old phone because she's not very tech savvy and doesn't want to upgrade to a phone she won't use and doesn't want to pay for the data plan. My question is, is it possible for her to order an Incredible online using her New Every Two but not activate it and sell it to me so that I can activate it under my plan? Will she be automatically billed for the data plan or does that not start until she were to activate it? Any feedback on this would be great!

it only starts when she activates the phone. all she has to do is accept the new contract then not activate it.....as i have done this several times

Upvote 0
Same here. I got my Droid and the hubby fell in lust with it so he used our kid's upgrade since said kid was in Iraq at the time. Happy hubby. Kid got back in time to use hubby's upgrade, was going for a Droid just like mom's, but liked the Devour better. Happy kid. End of story. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones