• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Evo User

WSFrazier

Jun 24, 2010
Two of my local Best Buy's just got the Evo in stock, as well as my local Sprint store, I will be picking one up tomorrow morning since its 8:30pm, don't wanna be a customer that holds employees there all night.

Question is, I read on Engadget that HTC acknowledged the screen issue with light leakage... Any word if new Evo's are out yet that have this apparent fix? Very doubtful places would be receiving shipments of brand new Evo's with a fix that fast, but I guess one could hope.

I've been with AT&T for 7 years and out of contract now. Been debating for the past 2 weeks to iPhone 4 or finally go to Sprint with HTC Evo, I think I am making the right call :)

Thanks guys, hope this thing doesn't turn into a dud. Reading a lot of the posts on here has me second thinking.

I had a first gen iPhone and hated it, actually ended up punching a crack into the screen when I finally had last straw with it. Don't want to chance that again with iPhone 4.
well at least you can hold your phone without it dropping the signal lol...thats alwayz a plus

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones