1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New FH13 update - anyone get it yet?General

1. ttprodr

ttprodr Member

Got the fh13 update via kies pc and the normal battery life is back to normal,since ics battery waz dying on withing 1.5hours after full charge it was shutting off on me when was still showing 50 % and 60% then when restarted it was completely juiced out,now is back to normal,never have any issues with bluetooth.
  2. Ryno79

Ryno79 Active Member

I just got prompted to update it this morning, haven't noticed a diff yet, but I wasn't having battery problems. I was having problems with the phone rebooting while streaming music. I'll see when I get in my car if it still does it.
  3. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

I just upgraded mine and my wife's phone via Kies. We'll see how the battery life goes. My wife's phone was experiencing the worse of the battery life issues since ICS update.
  4. timmertc

timmertc Well-Known Member

Did this today. It took two tries, but on the second one, it found the FH13 update.

We'll see how battery life is after this.

Thanks ttwiv!

5. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I got my update via OTA yesterday. So far, so good. The screen transitions feel a little snappier, and the battery life is on par with FF18 for me, which is fine because ICS didn't break my battery. All in all, ICS has been a nice upgrade for me. :)
  6. Ryno79

Ryno79 Active Member

Nope, still rebooting when connected to my car stereo. >:[
  7. timmertc

I can confirm that FH13 definitely improved battery life for me. I would often go to bed with 40% battery life left, and wake up to a dead phone battery. Last night it was around 40% when I went to bed, and I still have 31% left this morning.

I see a definite improvement in battery life with FH13 on my phone.
  8. HTC.Me.Now

HTC.Me.Now Member

Glad to see someone is experiencing improved battery life. My phone just prompted the update so hopefully I have good results to report.
  9. Silkk81

Silkk81 New Member

I already received the update if does helps battery life no problem with bluetooh so far everything seems to be ok except u will lose root access after update if someone could help me through the process of putting it online in a post
  10. Epicblaze

Epicblaze Well-Known Member

Battery life is indeed vastly improved with this update!
  11. biff441

biff441 Member

I hope I'm not frustrating those with ICS issues, but I have 30% improved battery usage. Bluetooth works great and data is fast.
  12. HTC.Me.Now

HTC.Me.Now Member

Unfortunately the update hasn't done much for my phone's battery life. Looks like I'll be doing a factory reset.
  13. ingoljosh

ingoljosh New Member

This update broke my root! How can i fix it? (without losing any data) someone please share a link.:(
  14. Epicblaze

Epicblaze Well-Known Member

Something is is up if people still have battery issues after receiving this update. Cockpit error perhaps?

Now that I've been running this since it was released I can say that standby power is down to a mere trickle and on some (low duty) periods I can get up to 3 days on a single charge - solidly.

I have bluetooth always enabled now, to 'syncmyride' and even with that the battery life is still spectacular.

Good luck to everyone else still complaining; you obviously haven't found the culprit yet...
  15. Beav5755

Beav5755 New Member

I've got the same thing going on, this phone won't run for crap with ICS. Rooted or not. Like to know who else is having issues. Mine is slow, locks up, close-out screens dumping me into my text messanger. Is this a plot to force us into a new phone? Sounds like Apple Evil Empire tactics. I already have the SIII on a second line and it rocks, but I want this phone to work also.

16. timmertc

You know, that does sound like a tactic that many companies might use to force people to upgrade. I've long suspected Microsoft of doing just that.

I wouldn't put it past Samsung, but I've actually had decent results after the FH13 update. Yes, the first ICS update (FF18?) was iffy, but FH13 improved things for me. It's still not perfect, nor rock-solid like my EVO 4G was, but it's definitely improved.

I think HTC has a better history making phones than Samsung does.
  17. Tajones99

Tajones99 Active Member

My phone has FH18 and my girlfriend's has FH13 so which is the newest. I thought the higher number was the newest.
  18. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Can you double check that you don't have FF18?
  19. Tajones99

Tajones99 Active Member

Sorry i meant FF18 but I just did the manual push and it updated to FH13.
  20. CaptainTrips95

CaptainTrips95 New Member

FH13 is the newest. It is supposed to address the battery drain issues that ensued with FH18.
  21. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for my contract to end then I'm switching to Ting
  22. HTC.Me.Now

HTC.Me.Now Member

Just wanted to update: When I originally downloaded the battery fix, I was out of the country & NOT connected to the network. When I came back stateside & connected to the network I immediately received a message stating, "finalizing Android update". That was yesterday, 09/08/2012.

I have immediately noticed an improvement in the battery life, no more excessive draining while the phone is just sitting on the nightstand. Granted it has only been a day but the phone sure didn't die overnight like it usually does. Seems like I've been saved from a factory reset.
  23. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

24. MikeNJ

MikeNJ Member

I got the FH13 update Saturday, 9/8.

I noticed the battery drain improved - 10% in 5 hours fully idle with Wifi connected, as opposed to 40+% previously.

Without the testing I did before, I'm still noticing a marked drain when GPS is enabled but not being used. I purchased MyBackup Pro this weekend (funnily right before the update applied) so will probably factory reset sometime this week.
  25. grego726

grego726 Member

Hello. I was wondering if you could link where and how you did the Jelly Bean update please. How are you seeing battery life on that vs ICS, and GingerBread? I am quite frustrated with ICS at the moment, and am pondering going back to GB. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Grego.