• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Firmware Today: 9.2.1.24

What do you use then in lieu of maps? Other than gmail, maps is a close second in terms of frequency for me

I don't. It's honestly never been fired up on my tab and I've only ever used it on both of my main phones for short journeys to test the GPS works. Generally, that's the first day I get the phone and it never gets opened after that.

I've a sat-nav and/or I know where I'm going so I've never any call to use it.

Upvote 0
Just hit 502 hours without a RR or SOD I hope others are having the same luck.

I've just had a reboot, but it's been my first in about 3 weeks so I can live with that.
Are either of you playing any games? I find that I don't have any reboots when I'm not playing games. But days when I spend most of my tablet time gaming I get at least one, sometimes more.

Upvote 0
Are either of you playing any games? I find that I don't have any reboots when I'm not playing games. But days when I spend most of my tablet time gaming I get at least one, sometimes more.

I'd 2 last night, playing Angry Birds and a random reboot when it was sitting doing nothing. However, I've played stuff like GTA3 & played some Sonic 4 at home and it's been fine.

It seems a lot less stable when connected to the WiFi network at work where the signal is pretty weak than it does at home. I went nearly an entire 5 days without a reboot whilst I was off shift.

Upvote 0
If they are graphic intense games it could be the NVIDA driver, I have seen reference that is has some issues. You can't do anything about it until NVIDA or Goolge incorporate it in to ICS
I had heard this mentioned previously and is what I am trying to determine. I'd still much rather the random reboots than the freezing and lock ups I had been getting prior to .24 (and installing a custom rom/kernel).

Upvote 0
Which game? Angry birds seems to do it most for me, but the Tegra ones seem fine.
Kiwi's Monster Park is what I think was crashing it for me. Although shortly after posting the 111 hours uptime I had a random reboot while exiting Glu Mobile's Lil Kingdom. But 111 hours uptime is far better than the ~4-8 I was getting while playing Monster Park.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones