New Fresh Evo 1.0.1

Last Updated:

1. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    goat78 and edriggers like this.
  2. dgaf98

dgaf98 Well-Known Member

man its awesome! didnt have to wipe coming from .5.3 just like promised. everything is running super smooth. i love it. now just patiently waiting for 2.2

3. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

As a heads up I saw a couple of posts in that thread saying that the nova fps fix was causing a boot loop.

4. dgaf98

dgaf98 Well-Known Member

ive read and reread that thread, where do you see this?

5. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

6. dgaf98

dgaf98 Well-Known Member

i dont know how i missed that. but we'll see.

7. tsipa

Any significant changes from 0.5.3 that you noticed?

8. Xak

Xak Member

If anyone has trouble with 4G after flashing, be sure to install the latest WiMax radio as flipz instructs, then perform this fix if it's still not working:

xda-developers - 4G/WiMax fix

mrmoto likes this.
  9. colourfuze

colourfuze Member

Just installed through fresh updater (Easy as Pie).. The updated version runs a lot smoother/faster. Thanks

10. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

I read something that I need to have RA Recovery to use this now, is this true? I have Clockwork. If anyone can give me clarification if it's safe to upgrade via the Fresh Updater, and if now how do I change recoveries?

11. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

There have been people flashing from the updater in that thread but I would say to ask that question in the XDA thread.

You can flash RA recovery through ROM Manger, just open ROM Manager and scroll to the bottom and select flash alternate recovery.

You will need RA Recovery to use Fresh Updater correctly. Anything you flash from Fresh updater requires RA recovery.

12. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

Thanks, how do I flash RA Recovery? When I go on Rom Manager, alternate recovery is grey so I can't click it.

13. tsipa

I think you need the premium version to do that...

I used fastboot to flash RA but it can also be done using ADB.

14. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

You don't NEED Amon's recovery. You need it if you want to "automatically" install the new ROM from Fresh Updater. But forget about that.

Instead, just download the update file. When it asks you if you want to update now, say No.

The file will then be in your SD Card/Download folder. Reboot your device into Fastboot by holding the down arrow and power button. Then choose Recovery.

If clockwork is correctly installed on your phone, you'll be at the custom recovery screen. One of the options is to install a .zip from the SD card. Just navigate to the Download folder and install the zip that way.

That's how I do it, and I have premium Rom Mgr. Who wants to screw around with having to flash different recoveries and all that? Just reboot the phone manually.

mrmoto likes this.
  15. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member

Perfect, thanks!

16. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

While this is true flashing the recovery was not that hard. Here is how I flashed it. Download the file from the link below and place it in the root of your SD

[Recovery] [18-June-2010] RA-evo-v1.7.0.1 - xda-developers

Download terminal emulator from the market. Run the following command from the terminal emulator.

su(press enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-evo-v1.7.0.1.img(press enter)
    reboot recovery(press enter)
    Then in ROM Manager the alternate recovery will not be gray

Again you don't need to do this but if you want to use Fresh update for themes, future roms, or kernel downloads then yes you do need to us RA Recovery.

Also, flipz stated in the thread you could run into trouble using Clockwork due to it sometimes not wiping the SD:ext

If you run into trouble using clockwork use the directions from the above link to flash RA. I personally would rather avoid any issues so I used RA.

17. Cru

Cru Well-Known Member

I tried the above method to flash RA and it says it cannot find the file. I double checked and the recovery img is in the root of my sd card.

18. ryan2202

ryan2202 Well-Known Member

Downloading right now via fresh updater.....0.5.3 has been flawless for me, cant wait to try 1.0.1!!!

19. ryan2202

Downloaded with fresh updater, installed with clockwork. Didnt wipe anything, no problems encountered, running smooth, kept all my settings and apps, and i didnt even get the usual initial reboot. awesome!!

Anyone know if wireless N is enabled? I think it was turned on in 0.5.3 but not positive and didnt fully read the 1.0.1 thread yet.

Thanks flipz!!!

20. carguy4471

carguy4471 Member

Running 1.0.1 with the fresh toast bfs fps unlock (#26) kernel and I get 42 fps on fps2d. FAST and smooth, WOW!!!!

21. edriggers

edriggers Well-Known Member

Downloading now.

22. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

If it didnt find the file you may have typed the name in wrong. I did this on accident a few times because I was using swype at the time.

Glad to see its flashing via clockwork.

23. naykam0810

naykam0810 Member

downloaded 1.0.1 with ROM manager and working perfectly.

24. Malicious

Malicious Member

Anyone know which kernal would be best to use with this on NOVA .002

25. ryan2202

well...now having a problem (probably caused by myself not leaving good enough alone lol).

went from 0.5.3 to 1.0.1 perfectly as mentioned earlier in the thread. did a back up using clockwork right after I installed it. then couldnt leave well enough alone and installed fresh toast fps unlock kernel #26 on top of 1.0.1. decided I didnt want to have the "experimental" kernel but now I dont know how to correctly remove the kernel upgrade.

I tried to restore my backup 1.0.1 that I created but its giving me a MD5 sum error. so I tried to go even farther back to a base copy of 0.5.3 and that worked and was able to install it and restore a 0.5.3 backup I had. but now its still giving me MD5 sum errors when trying to upgrade to 1.0.1 either using my backup copy of 1.0.1 or trying to reinstall it fresh with clockwork.

any ideas how to get past the MD5 sum error in this case?