• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Friends Connect

razorDev

Lurker
Oct 18, 2018
Promo:

Example:

1. What is New Friends Connect?

- New Friends Connect is an Android Application that lets you connect with anyone that has NFC Hardware (Near field communication) on the device.
2. How do we connect?
- Easy. Just make sure both your and your new friend's NFCs are on and touch your phones to exchange contacts.
3. What kind of contacts can we exchange?
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, Skype, Viber, WhatsApp and Mobile phone number. More will be included in the future.
4. Do I have to do anything besides installing the application?
- Yes. The only thing that a new user needs to do is to type in the username of the social media that the user will share.
5. How do I find my username?
- Just click on the help link under the input field to get help, or just consult with the documentation of the specific social media or application.
6. What if the person I want to connect with does not have the NFC app?
- The application has the 'One-way transmission' option, which will let you share a URL tag with the other person's phone. After that it is just a matter of clicking on the link. This method can only share Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus details.

7. What are the steps to send my details to another person's phone?
- 1. Make sure both phones have NFC. (Near Field Communication hardware)
- 2. Open the app and if your details are set, just turn on the switches on the details you would like to share and touch the two phones.
- 3a. If the other person has the New Friends app, he/she will be able to receive and view all the details you share simultaneously.
- 3b. If the other person does not have the New Friends app, he/she will be able to receive and view only one tag at a time.

Download Now
Facebook Page

Have fun and
Don't forget to rate in Google Play. :)

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean by 'sharing'? The idea is to have your contact details ready to be shared and with one simple touch, the person next to you can have your profile infront of him/her, instead of having to search. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on... )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've an enquiry about your app:
2. How do we connect? - Easy. Just make sure both your and your new friend's NFCs are on and touch your phones to exchange contacts.

What do I do if my new friend's phone doesn't have NFC in it?

Usually me and my friends(new and old) use Wechat, and that exchanges contact details via on-screen QR codes, and just about every smartphone has a camera in it. Perhaps QR codes could be added to your app?

Upvote 0
I've an enquiry about your app:

What do I do if my new friend's phone doesn't have NFC in it?

Usually me and my friends(new and old) use Wechat, and that exchanges contact details via on-screen QR codes, and just about every smartphone has a camera in it. Perhaps QR codes could be added to your app?

FYI
I didn't implement QR scan at this moment, but the app now supports sharing via bluetooth. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones