• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New FROYO Leak - FRF57

I'll need to put up a password so my roommates can't send me pr0n while I'm on the go, lol.

Now THAT is an awesome prank!!!

BTW thanks you guys I can always come here to get links to new ROMs and help with any problem I'm having with my Droid or ROM!

/beer

P.S. I'm adding a link to my artwork in my sig in case anyone is interested...

Upvote 0
Well..got my first random reboot. While trying to change my soft keys or whatever they're called from LauncherPro. I'm hoping everything just needs to settle here. It's been a couple hours, already.

EDIT: And another one right after I got back. The live wallpaper was sluggish, so I went to SetCPU to kick it up (I no long set on boot). Did the trick, but then when I scrolled to the main screen, it froze and rebooted. Are these issues fairly common?

EDIT: I'm beginning to think it's the kernel. I'm using P3's 1.2 kernel for FroYo. Now, as this build seems to have the wifi issue fixed, would it be reasonable to assume I could use the old P3 kernel that never gave me any issue (when I tried this current kernel w/ a 2.1 ROM, it didn't go over too well).

Upvote 0
Flashed the clockwork version, went smooth as can be. Flashed the P3 1200mhz kernel.
Chrome to Phone works and is sweeeeet.
Root applications work
3G works
WIFI works
Navigation works
I don't have anything handy bluetooth right now

Linpack: 18.476 MFLOPS
Quadrant: 1639

AN3D Bench: High Object Count: 30.59fps; Multiple Lights: 41.74fps; High polygon count: 17.22fps; Keyframe animation: 61.55fps; Game level: 27.36fps; TOTAL SCORE: 4983

NenaMark1: 13fps

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
Well I'm using the Firefox Extension (I can't get used to Chrome) and I searched for something and right click it and used the send to phone option and on the phone it asked me to load it in maps or browser, clicked maps and it pulled it up just fine.

I'm tired so my sentence is really run on, lol, I'll have to try Chrome and the real extension because I don't see anywhere to even try and send directions.

Reactions: dmodert66
Upvote 0
Arg, I'll have to wait until after work to get this thing on. I just set up Drop theme (hoping it works with this build) and found the right skin for BW yesterday and now this! C2P is pretty sweet though, so I'll have to work on it later.
If anyone could try the Drop theme on this build and report if it works that'd be super helpful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones