• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New gaming laptop. some advice please.

Spec-Kie

Jan 17, 2013
North East UK.
Hey guy and gals.

Listen my laptop at the minute is getting pretty dated ha. So i intend to upgrade it very soon. Thing is i have no idea what iam looking at when it comes to cpus and stuff in a laptop. My budget it 350 no more and that is pushing it. I have looked on ebay and there seems to be soo much to choose from. I wouldnt be hardcore gaming just a little now and then. But i need a fast amd reliable machine for every thing else. Cheers for any help in advice..

You are not going to get gaming laptop for 350, no way. you need at least to double that.

Here is a great site to see how good is CPU PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - List of Benchmarked CPUs i would not go with CPU's below 1800 mark and at least 4gb of ram (considering your price range)
Here is some good site to look at the laptop deals Laptop Deals and Discounts

Black friday is closing up, if you can wait until then, it's a good idea to wait a little. I would stay away from ebay, or if you wish to stick with it, make sure it has at least 14 days return policy, because some vendors do not accept returns on laptops.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones