New gmail update on market

Last Updated:

1. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You have to search for gmail, its not automatic nor shows up as already installed.

Cool upgrade, including the ability to see your priority inbox, ability to mark mail as priority. Many other changes as well.

Advertisement
    cadycaines and BabyRN like this.
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Showed up automatically for me, but I have 2.3.15 installed...possibly that's why?

Has the improved Gmail header that's been available in rooted D1 and D2 ROMs for some time now, glad to see it has been released to everyone...nice not to have to scroll to the bottom of an email to access the reply/forward options.

3. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

I'm unrooted and it showed up under "Downloads" in the market, where I usually go to upgrade apps.

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Thank you. Because of this post, I looked for it after I updated my dx to 2.2. :))

5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Just saw this and "ran" to the Market, and there it was. :) Installing!

6. ryan_droid

ryan_droid Member

I really wish I could install this, but it requires froyo/2.2 and I have a stock Eris so I'm stuck w/ 2.1 and afraid to attempt rooting.

7. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I'm not sure I'm sold on the update to be honest, I like the heading, but I don't like that each "message" in a conversation doesn't have the buttons at the end of each, so if it's a long email you gotta go back up and there's the buttom for reply or hit a "more" button to expan the menu and get reply all or forward.

:) just like with everything else tho, I'm sure it'll be a non-issue once I retrain my brain.

Edit: You can set the default to be ReplyAll instead of Reply.

8. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Edit/update on the Reply All default - that's something I wanted and hadn't looked for a setting yet. :)

And, to your first point, the "Reply" looks like it sticks at the top when you scroll, and if you change email it changes to the currently selected email...does that resolve your issue, or am I missing what you mean?

9. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

Same thing here, when I opened up the market today it just started to install with no input needed.