• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New gmail update on market

Showed up automatically for me, but I have 2.3.15 installed...possibly that's why?

Has the improved Gmail header that's been available in rooted D1 and D2 ROMs for some time now, glad to see it has been released to everyone...nice not to have to scroll to the bottom of an email to access the reply/forward options.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I'm sold on the update to be honest, I like the heading, but I don't like that each "message" in a conversation doesn't have the buttons at the end of each, so if it's a long email you gotta go back up and there's the buttom for reply or hit a "more" button to expan the menu and get reply all or forward.

:) just like with everything else tho, I'm sure it'll be a non-issue once I retrain my brain.

Edit: You can set the default to be ReplyAll instead of Reply.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I'm sold on the update to be honest, I like the heading, but I don't like that each "message" in a conversation doesn't have the buttons at the end of each, so if it's a long email you gotta go back up and there's the buttom for reply or hit a "more" button to expan the menu and get reply all or forward.

:) just like with everything else tho, I'm sure it'll be a non-issue once I retrain my brain.

Edit: You can set the default to be ReplyAll instead of Reply.

Thanks for the Edit/update on the Reply All default - that's something I wanted and hadn't looked for a setting yet. :)

And, to your first point, the "Reply" looks like it sticks at the top when you scroll, and if you change email it changes to the currently selected email...does that resolve your issue, or am I missing what you mean?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones