• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new gmails don't show up in list

asilver

Nov 7, 2009
so I'm using launcher pro which shows me that theres 43 emails in my inbox but when I open the gmail app, there are NO new emails.

I have the unread gmail app and when I open that one it says "no connection"

finally after 3 hours of not receiving emails as I'm typing this I get a new email alert, then they all start piling in.

Why is this.

We shouldn't have to use the "unread gmail" app in the first place but I have had to ever since I got my D1 and it's the same on the D2.

thoughts?

so I'm using launcher pro which shows me that theres 43 emails in my inbox but when I open the gmail app, there are NO new emails.

I have the unread gmail app and when I open that one it says "no connection"

finally after 3 hours of not receiving emails as I'm typing this I get a new email alert, then they all start piling in.

Why is this.

We shouldn't have to use the "unread gmail" app in the first place but I have had to ever since I got my D1 and it's the same on the D2.

thoughts?

I don't know what the unread gmail app is. I use the standard email app for sending and gmail for saving emails into separate folders.

Upvote 0
The gmail app only shows messages from the past few days. You can adjust the setting to show more mail, but the idea is that you don't really want to bog down your phone with all of that data.

Anyway, that's kinda besides the point. I think what you need to do is login to gmail.com and find any unread messages in your Inbox. They may be from years ago. View the messages to mark them as read.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones