• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new gtab owner

chexx05

Apr 24, 2011
hello to all . im new to this whole droid thing. i recently bought a viewsonic g-tablet and have been reading up on people rooting their tablets and was wondering what are some of the perks of rooting the g-tablet and also i ran all recent updates on it . would it be a good idea to root it with current updates. as well?thank you everyone for you time

hello to all . im new to this whole droid thing. i recently bought a viewsonic g-tablet and have been reading up on people rooting their tablets and was wondering what are some of the perks of rooting the g-tablet and also i ran all recent updates on it . would it be a good idea to root it with current updates. as well?thank you everyone for you time

welcome to the world of the GTab...the perks of rooting your tablet is that you can flash a custom ROM and get rid of that horrible stock OS that comes with the GTab. i know they pushed updates to it to not be as bad as it was before, but no matter how "good" it is, a custom ROM is 10000x better. also a custom ROM will let you actually use that usb port on the side, (not sure if the stock OS lets you, but when i bought mine back in December it didnt). so if your on the fence about rooting, just do it!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones