• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Hero user...

aidan,

Everything is up to speed versions-wise apart from the Build Number (or ROM).

The latest for the unbranded UK Hero is 2.73.405.5 and it can be grabbed from the below link -

ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero_2.73.405.5

Installing this will wipe all the data/setting from your handset, so make sure you back up your data before adding this upgrade. Something like MyBackup from the Android Market is good for this.

Chegs.

Upvote 0
how do i back up all my settings.... or can you point me in the direction of a step by step guide :) thanks :)

Grab MyBackup from the Apps Market and you can then save data such as contacts etc to your SD card or online, then when you have updated the ROM, you can install the app again and copy the data back to your handset.

One think, I think there can be issues if you try and copy you text messages back to your Hero after the update, as the data is stored in a different format.

Chegs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones