• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Inc, probly coming with 2.2 root questions

icehead14

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
So I've been reading around a little and just want to make sure/ ask a few questions.

I have a new incredible coming and it should be here tomorrow. I dont even have it and im ready to root. :D Chances are its gonna come with the new 2.2 stock. Now from what I understand there is no root available yet for the stock 2.2. I will not have any apps or contacts so wiping isnt a big deal for me right now, even though titanium backup works great.

Would I be able to downgrade to 2.1, root, run unrevoked forever to receive s-off, unroot, upgrade to 2.2, and reroot?

or downgrade to 2.1, root, unrevoked forever, and upload a 2.2 rom?

or should i just wait for 2.2 to be rooted? it shouldnt be to long being they didnt fix all of the exploits. and from what Ive have read. The evo is already rooted on 2.2.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones