• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Leak - FAQ

The new text to speech is there. In setting second to last install it. (will install to sd card). Then activate it and when in kb press menu on the hard keys and select speak. I just did it and it worked great.

Hey, osmany, thanks for the info. Were you able to get that "speak" icon up with any text/email/Twitter program other than Handcent? That's the only one where it's working for me. I'd love to dictate a few tweets, but right now the only thing I can apparently do is dictate them in Handcent, then copy/paste them over. Thanks. :cool:

Upvote 0
Hey, osmany, thanks for the info. Were you able to get that "speak" icon up with any text/email/Twitter program other than Handcent? That's the only one where it's working for me. I'd love to dictate a few tweets, but right now the only thing I can apparently do is dictate them in Handcent, then copy/paste them over. Thanks. :cool:

Funny you say that I have only used it in Handcent.... Hmmmmmmm I also tried looking for it other location and can do.... Let me play with it some more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones