• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello guys I'm a new member of this group. I joined here to learn more things about android and I'm planning to buy a new phone soon as long I have enough money to buy and hope you could help me in deciding what to buy the best phone.:)
So, are you looking for a two year contract with a carrier (this way you can either get the phone at a low price or sometimes free), or you prefer prepaid (no contract...but will have to get the phone at full price)??

Anyway, going Android is a win win situation. Give us some more information on what kind of device you are looking for, how much you looking to spend, etcetera.

We have a bunch of experience members who are willing to assist you with getting the device that fits your needs.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help here. We need a little more info. What carrier will you be using? What is your budget? Do you have a screen size or brand preference?

Thanks Gmash. I really hope so I can learn so much here. I'm from Philippines so I guess I'm gonna use carrier from our country. I'm torn what to buy if Motorola, Apple or Samsung.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Motorola has little support in the Philippines. So I would advice not. Apple isn't Android.

Samsung and Sony have great phones and have good support in the Philippines. As for what phone you should get, it would depend on your budget. You can get a Galaxy Y free for a SuperPlan 599 from Globe. That's the cheapest. You can check out their website for mixing services and getting a free or discounted device if you plan to go postpaid contract.

http://shop.globe.com.ph/postpaid.html?p=1

Note that getting a postpaid contract from Globe is very good in the long run. Every two years they will give you a "reward" worth 10x your current contract to use to get a new device from them. For example, I am currently on an unlisuft plan 1799. I already used up my reward last april to get a Galaxy Tab. In another two years time, April 2015, I will have PHP18000 worth of reward, which I can get to get a new phone free, or on a discount.

If you go prepaid, what's your budget?

Upvote 0
hi.. welcome to AF..

how many carriers are there in your area??
i think picking the right carrier is most important. then you can decided on the phone that that carrier offers.

you should also.. decided on the type of smartphone: Windows, apples, or android.
these 3 are very different and have pros and cons. you might want to learn a little about these 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones