• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new model droid 4 otb running 4.1.2 jb no root ?

sdeznutz

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
CA
ok new here please ive tried razor_blade.apk to root the droid 4 with jelly bean and no dice and I even did it before the update and only got superuser but it still would not let me use no bloat it said root not granted ??? ok well ive got 3 rooted droid 3,s a droid x2 rooted and every 1 has a different rom bit I just got this droid 4 4 days ago and have tried everything .Ilove the phone but its just a tablet for now .I just put a micro sim in it I found out production on mine was 2/2013 I was shocked I didn't even know they still made them /anyway back on topic I need to get it rooted if anyone can help email me please sdeznutz at aol .com ive put in over 30 hours running everyones sure fire way drom rsd lite and going back to ics still no dice I need to stay on jelly bean and get it rooted along with a lot of other people I just received 435 email requests on the same thing and I don't have the answer !!!!!please help ill turn right around and help our forum out and other newbs . thanks oh and due to the update I coldnt even get it flashed to page plus because the guy said his only had the ics flash so I guess Verizon is trying to lock up all the devices by saying hat free software but you get fu..ed in the end if there is any one that knows any thing lets start with root and go from there /not even beigephone could fLASH my phone and they have videos on it . I quote "because yours came direct with jelly bean on it and it was just built I cant flash it man " idiot you said you could flash any 4g phone to page plus lies ahhhh iam so fed up with ignorance please some 1 with knowledge help!!!!!!!!

root droid 4 system version 98.72.18.xt894.Verizon.en.US
I have tried everything razor_blade to rsdl lite and going back to ics no dice and cant even flash it I went thru beige phone and he said cause it was just built 2/2013 and came with jb he didn't have the software yet ?wth ok well can some 1 help me with root this is my 1rst post ive rooted my 3 droid 3,s and droid x2 and they are running all different roms from steel droid 4.8 to 5.6 ics wich I must say is awesome /anyway please help me root my droid 4 xt894 I did it in ics mode nope!!! I did razor blade apk nope I have all the drivers and 2 Motorola programs that are needed and nothing there is no one at all that has strait rooted a droid 4 that came with jb if there is help please and thanks in advance

Upvote 0
root droid 4 system version 98.72.18.xt894.Verizon.en.US
I have tried everything razor_blade to rsdl lite and going back to ics no dice and cant even flash it I went thru beige phone and he said cause it was just built 2/2013 and came with jb he didn't have the software yet ?wth ok well can some 1 help me with root this is my 1rst post ive rooted my 3 droid 3,s and droid x2 and they are running all different roms from steel droid 4.8 to 5.6 ics wich I must say is awesome /anyway please help me root my droid 4 xt894 I did it in ics mode nope!!! I did razor blade apk nope I have all the drivers and 2 Motorola programs that are needed and nothing there is no one at all that has strait rooted a droid 4 that came with jb if there is help please and thanks in advance

I'm in the same shoe. Same Verizon OS.
Without root, I lose so much. Somebody please develop a root utility for this ROM.

Upvote 0
Ok so they I guess started making another droid 4 I have a production date of Friday the 8th feb. 2013 so it was just made 2 months ago and I got it 1 week ago ... I was all happh to see it had a snap dragon processor at 1.3 ghz but as far as activating ,rooting ,roms etc iam out of luck I have tried to rsd lite back to ics NO DICE and even so then it would be activated on ics and I couldn't have jb and razor blade miracle is garbage I quote "will also work for droid 4 running 4.1.2 ." liar
any way between jrummy , dan rosenburg, djbliss and all the others can you please make a root for exclusive the droid 4 running jb 4.1.2 system
98.72.18.xt894.Verizon.en.US please!!!!
and it has to work with the phone not being activated ,I did do the micro sim though though that might be the problem but no !
and for every 1 that has searched on you tube on bypassing the activation screen on droid 4 it is turn it side ways and hit top lft / top rt bottom lft /bottom rt well there are lines not the top ill do a video when I have time but its the same as the razor maxx and hd but no 1 ever posted it I found razors galor nit no droid 4 and now there is a second gen droid 4 that kicks but so come on help us struggling people out who just want to be admin,s on our cell phones its like having windows and not being able to use the control panel ....boooooo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones