• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Nexus 7 way glitchier(?) than old

caspian915

Jul 1, 2011
I recently purchased a new version of the Nexus 7 (32gb wifi). I had the 8gb version from last August until October when some idiot knocked it out of my hands on the street.

I can't necessarily list all particulars but the new one seems to stutter, and crash apps, make freak out electronic noises, etc way more than my original.

Where the gives? Is there any way to deal with this? I haven't rooted yet, but still, this does not seem like the tablet experience Google is touting. (I'm a fan of Apple and android, and though I have a mixed bag experience with the latter, but this just seems ridiculous...)

Also, I had the whole device freeze up on me so thoroughly the other night that it shut off and it took about a minute to a minute and a half to turn back on. Just now it froze soothe display off and music still playing (from Pandora) but the display wouldn't turn back on and it had to be shut off for anything to change.

Upvote 0
I just bought my second one, my wife commandeered the first one :D

This Nexus 7 is 32GB which I wanted originally but all they had was 16GB so it all worked out great.

I simply cannot say enough good things about the Nexus 7. Not only is there two in my family, but at least eight of my friends have bought them. All of them are outstanding with everyone being 100% happy. That's saying a lot because some of us are very picky.

Its the ideal size for portability. What's interesting is I also have an iPad 4, and iPad Mini. I greatly prefer the Nexus 7 over the Mini for several significant reasons.

The Mini is 15 mm wider, which doesn't sound like much yet makes it awkward to hold one handed for very long. Conversely the Nexus is very easy and comfortable to hold. The grippy material on the back gives a very secure feeling making it a joy to use.

Several months of heavy daily use with the first one was trouble free, fast & fun. I'm sure the new one will be the same.

Then there's all the advantages of Android 4.2.x. This OS is so smooth and fast, it adds to the fun of using this tablet. I highly endorse the Nexus 7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones