• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
damn dude, take a chill pill and relax a little bit.

It's far better to delay the release and get things right than to come out with it early and have all kinds of issues.

I manually installed the gingerbread update that was available for a short time on HTC's website Thursday. I have not seen any issues at all. Battery life is a bit better. The only problem is I had the new market and because I manually updated I lost it. Oh well, ill get it back eventually. I am happy I did it. BTW, I updated via the RUU posted by marsdta over at XDA in the Inspire forums. The one posted on these forums did not work for me. All in all, everyone will be even happier with this phone after the update is officially released. There is no explanation why HTC took the update down. The only thing I can think of is, after installing the RUU, which is what they were to release, I think that it was posted earlier than someone at HTC would have liked. Someone did say that the update might be rereleased this week on the 12th. To the guy that got frustrated the post before the the one I'm quoting, if you are not willing to wait then go ahead and install the leaked RUU. It IS THE OFFICIAL version. Keep in mind however, that if you do it manually you will wipe your phone and it will be fresh out of the box, save for gingerbread 2.3.3 and Sense 2.1. If you wanna wait, then just be a little more patient. The update WILL go live this month. The stability in the RUU proves it.

Reactions: Ynomrah
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones