• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New owner. Question about alerts and notifications

ls3c6

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
1. Where is the alert during call option? The LED flashes if a notification is recieved during a call... but no beeps or anything

2. Can a hotkey be assigned or an app installed to gain access to the notifications screen? Swiping the bar down gets annoying fast.

3. Are there any must have updates? I manually updated market but no others

hi and welcome.

1. the notification drawer (pull down from top) shows yous alerts. then tap the icon that you want to address

2. yes there are launchers that will allow you to setup your home screen for alerts, programs, etc. there are threads on that here--please search to read up on those. you can also put certain apps/functions on the homescreen (widgets) to access certain functions.

3. if your handset has not barked at you for an update, then you do not have any updates need to be downloaded.

i recommend, if you are new to android, to smoke over this stuck thread for more info on the handset:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/360315-must-read-official-htc-evo-3d-forum-guide.html

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
First are you rooted ?? have you done any updates to your since you bought it, what boot version are you on, and if you have not updated your phone, before you update it is important to know if you want to root, as that will make a huge difference. As for call alerts most of what you need will be in the menu/settings/sounds now if your talking about a tone on how long you are on a call, or an alert when your roaming let us know.

1. Where is the alert during call option? The LED flashes if a notification is recieved during a call... but no beeps or anything

2. Can a hotkey be assigned or an app installed to gain access to the notifications screen? Swiping the bar down gets annoying fast.

3. Are there any must have updates? I manually updated market but no others

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I want to be able to open the notification container with a side button OR from an icon, I hate dragging it down.

Also, I want an audible beep in my ear when I get a notification while on a call, I get the notifications but I have to move the phone from my ear to check frequently while on the phone... my blackberry had options to notify during call through the earpiece.

And when charging i'd like the notification to blink on message like it does when not charging, is this possible?

This is running stock software, it's my first android so i haven't even thought about rooting yet until i'm more comfortable with the interface

Upvote 0
The only way you will get an audible beep in your ear from notification is with Btooth, and the ones that have the options to do so

I want to be able to open the notification container with a side button OR from an icon, I hate dragging it down.

Also, I want an audible beep in my ear when I get a notification while on a call, I get the notifications but I have to move the phone from my ear to check frequently while on the phone... my blackberry had options to notify during call through the earpiece.

And when charging i'd like the notification to blink on message like it does when not charging, is this possible?

This is running stock software, it's my first android so i haven't even thought about rooting yet until i'm more comfortable with the interface

Upvote 0
That I am aware of, maybe someone will say different, but if you here it through the speaker the sound makes no difference as you still have to see what the message is for anyways. it is not like the notification will tell you, you have mail, or you have a text message from, that can be done but through BlueTooth

thats' awful... really?

Upvote 0
That I am aware of, maybe someone will say different, but if you here it through the speaker the sound makes no difference as you still have to see what the message is for anyways. it is not like the notification will tell you, you have mail, or you have a text message from, that can be done but through BlueTooth

i'm not getting ANY type of audible alert while on a phone call

Upvote 0
I get what your saying, when you are on a call, you do not hear the notification at all on the phone, because you are on a phone call. As far as I know you will not hear it while on a call, at least I have never heard it. Now if BB does that then that is great, but there are many other features that the Android phones do that BB don't, so it is a catch 22.

maybe you're missing what i'm saying, i'm GETTING the messages since i'm also connected to WIFI... but I want to be alerted audibly like I was with the BB so I don't have to continue to remove the phone from my ear and check

Upvote 0
It is not, I had already checked in the stock settings for him. You either need to root, or use 3rd party app to do what he wants. Mine also beeps when I get a text while on the phone, but he wants all his notifications to come through while on a call

mine beeps when I get a text or email but it did it from the jump. Check in notifications and see if its in there. I will take a look and see if I can find the setting for it.

Reactions: Dooderino
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones