New phones: HTC One SV & Boost Force

1. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

New phones are available !

The first LTE for Boost, HTC One SV, and the Boost Force.

[​IMG]

LTE is only available in 6 cities apparently. At the very least these phones are future proof. Sprint will slowly remove the WiMax network in the coming years in exchange for LTE.

I hope the SV comes in the original white model soon .. I can't fathom to buy such a hideous color scheme.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Sweet. According to the coverage map I have excellent LTE coverage at work, but nothing for at home, yet. I live south of chicago.
  3. noir2013

noir2013 New Member

Does anyone have a referral code I can use? Am in the process of activating a new account.

Thanks!
  4. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

5. austin316

austin316 Well-Known Member

HTC One SV purportedly getting update to Jelly Bean

French Android publication Hot to Come is reporting that that HTC’s One SV is getting the update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. This is an early report and no verification has been found just yet, so take this with a rather large grain of salt.
    According to the publication, the update to Android 4.1.2 and Sense+ is 378.71MB in size. As per usual, Jelly Bean will bring the popular Google Now service to the HTC One SV along with an all new photo gallery and a new notification bar. Thanks to Project Butter, the One SV has also gotten quite a performance boost as well.
    The HTC One SV boasts of a dual-core 1.2GHz CPU, a 4.3-inch display with a 400 x 800 resolution and 217ppi. The device has 8GB of storage and a microSD slot to expand that by 32GB. The device is also 4G LTE capable, has 1GB of RAM and Beats Audio along with being NFC capable.
    Again, take this report with a large grain of salt as we haven’t heard any official word about this update. If you have gotten the update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on the HTC One SV, be sure to let us know!

One guy in the comments section has reportedly updated it and says its official.

I want this phone. Same specs as the Samsung Galaxy S2 but has 4G LTE and the newer operating system. Edit: the Samsung Galaxy S2 has a better front and back camera though. I won't buy a ZTE phone after my experience with the Warp.
  6. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

There is a link to both these phones on the Sprint/Boost websites, they are official.

I have reposted the link but forget which thread.
  7. austin316

austin316 Well-Known Member

Re-read the article. Jelly Bean 4.1.2 upgrade on HTC One SV.
  8. bigx1

bigx1 New Member

if you visit sensorly you will be able to see the coverage of all carriers in your area, Chicago has a large portion covered under sprint 4g Lte
  9. bigx1

bigx1 New Member

Just got mine today, (HTC one SV) however need to root to use foxfi wifi hotspot. i can use the bluetooth dun on foxfi, but the wifi won't work unless i root the phone.

slingbox works great though. 4G Lte is coming by the end of the year to me.
  10. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Does anybody know of websites that actually give expected dates on Sprint's LTE rollout? All I can find for my town is "coming soon".
  11. bigx1

bigx1 New Member

visit Coverage Maps | Sensorly and look at what people are getting in your area. sprint says later this year, but there are small pockets of 4g lte in and around seattle.

looks like they are making small upgrades
  12. shadowspawn

shadowspawn Well-Known Member

From what I've been told, LTE should be coming to my area by the end of this month. We'll see how that turns out though since AT&T only just recently got their LTE up a month or so ago.