• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Pogoplug Beta Software- share your PC

clb2196

Android Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2011
So I have an actual Pogoplug device. What I do is set my desktop to Active (realtime) copy everything to my Pogoplug drive, then I access it through my Android devices from the Pogoplug device.

But- Pogoplug has a new software out. you don't need any Pogoplug device, you just install the software on your desktop, and share your PC contents directly. I think it's a limited release, but it looks like they're still giving out codes for the beta download.

I thought this might be interesting to anyone who doesn't want to or can't afford to actually buy a Pogoplug device. It's a nice option, I don't bother syncing anything, I just use Pogoplug. :)

Besides accessing files on your device you can use it to active copy, or share files, uload to it, or anything else you can do with a regular Pogoplug. I've tried it on my Xoom and it's working fine (note the login page on the Xoom is still scaled down but the rest of the app isn't).

here's the link: Join the exclusive beta

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones