• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New ROM rocks

SurrealOne

Android Expert
Oct 18, 2010

Attachments

• 2011-01-15_20-46-00_428.jpg
    2011-01-15_20-46-00_428.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 118
Ok so far so good no bugs to speak of yet. Also I loaded WiFi tether works like a charm. I"m going to test the 4g tomorrow and and see if the 4g speeds will also work on my laptop. My laptop has a Sprint EDVO REV A card in it so 3g will test with the card and then test the WiFi tether and see the 4g speed diff. Also this ROM is fast and I really like the fact that the Sprint APPS have been removed also lots of other little tweaks that relly set this apart. When I find the Quantum VER 2.7 ROM with support for EXT-4 file system I will give that a go. If anybody has a good link please share. All the links I try do not work. Maybe that's for a reason not sure. That's all for now. Thank you for the support.

Upvote 0
I've been using the Trulyepic Rom by Ragnaroks for well over a week now. i absolutely LOVE it! it's pretty bare bones at first (no touchwiz or anything flashy), but it's amazingly smooth and definitely the most stable rom I've used to date (hence why I've had it for a week without changing to another rom) Btooth works, gps is flawless (down to 4 meters), battery is definitely better, wireless tether is strong like whoa (even on 4g). My only wish is that he had better choices of wallpaper!

Upvote 0
If I try another ROM do I need to go to a stock DK28 or can I just copy the Truly Epic ROM to SD card and boot to CWM3 and load from SD card?

it's always best to make sure that you wipe your phone data and cache before you install a new rom. and you load it to SD. (but I also like to make sure that the sd card has nothing on it prior to me putting anything on it. that's just me though. others who have done this longer might do things different)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones