• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello all,

I'm currently running Perception 9.5 on my Captivate. I'm still pretty new to the flashing aspect of the phone. I had heard a lot of good things about the Serendipity ROMs, so I was thinking about flashing that. To be honest, I like most of what I have on Perception, but there's still a big issue with my battery life. From some reviews, I've heard the Serendipity ROM is great with battery and lagfix. I was wondering if I was going to have to re-flash back to my stock ROM with Odin or whether I could just flash over my current one. And then also if anyone had any tips on where to go from there.

(Also, if you have any experiences with any ROMs that are better than others, feel free to share that as well). Thanks a lot.

>>> I was wondering if I was going to have to re-flash back to my stock ROM with Odin.

Definitely. This way you're assured that there aren't any droppings left over from your previous configuration that could cause problems. Looking at it another way, if you experience a glitch with, say, Serendipity (my choice) you'll know where it's coming from.

>>> And then also if anyone had any tips on where to go from there.

Please clarify.

Upvote 0
I still have to charge every night with Serendipity but its just a price you pay for smartphone. Must say I get better battery life on Serendipity than the Cognition ROM I tried first. Now I'm testing out the Paragon Kernel with it. I did a full ODIN wipe before installing it. Just in case. Flashed over Cognition with it at first but had a couple little glitches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones