• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New "Root" Method For Z981(Zmax Pro)

Still currently none for z982? thanks in advance
Yeah there will never be a root method for the z982 since the bootloader cannot be unlocked on that device. This means that the edl method used for this device cannot be used for that device since it will end in a brick. Trust me, do not attempt this root method on the z982...it will not go well...

Upvote 0
Thank you for this. I need help with something. After I rooted, I tried to flash a ROM that wasn't made for my specific model (Z981) and I forgot to back before I wiped everything. I found LineageOS ROM, but got really crappy battery life. If I tried to re-root my phone, would I be able to get back to stock? Every other ROM I have found keeps giving me a bootloop. Any suggestions?

Reactions: oscar112709
Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-213231.png
    Screenshot_20181104-213231.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_20181104_183733_731.jpg
    IMG_20181104_183733_731.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 423
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Just making sure...you've rooted your z981, and flashed a rom... Lineage OS 14.1 for ZTE Zmax (Z970, draconis) Nougat 7.1 ROM...., and it is running fine?

Worked for me I don't want to be blamed for others bricking there phone but I did the ROM I hated it till I flashed the gapps now is a little better, messing with the phone now just trying to get hotspot. but now i have google play store thanks to that Gapps flash

Upvote 0
Worked for me I don't want to be blamed for others bricking there phone but I did the ROM I hated it till I flashed the gapps now is a little better, messing with the phone now just trying to get hotspot. but now i have google play store thanks to that Gapps flash
I understand. It should go without saying that there are indeed risks. I just erred on the side of caution based on bcrichers post.
If all is cool, I can reinsert the link ;)

Upvote 0
I may stand corrected, as I am not very familiar with the device.
Can @bcrichster confirm?

I think the ROM he's running (Zmax Pro) and the ROM he linked (OG Zmax) may accidentally be from 2 different threads.. CuZ the Settings would have the model# Z790 labeled and 'draconis' would also be labeled in ROM file name..

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones