• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Rooted Rom for Flytouch3

70challenger

Mar 10, 2011
This is a CP from another forum, so I did not make this.

icon6.png
New rooted ROM - more to come

Hello everyone. I am currently in the process of tweaking several points on the Flytouch3 rom. This is the first, mainly giving full root out of the box. Also, I have removed the System Update app which everyone seems to agree is completely pointless. This is based off of the 0316 rom. Market still works, and there are a few things I am currently working to take care of. They include:

* Ad-Hoc networks
* Many tier3 apps not showing in Market
* That bizzarre darkness to the screen output in everything over update1
* Volume (perhaps a DSP tweak/preamp?)
* anything else that comes up along the way...

Most of these are relatively small things and fairly easy to fix, but not all. If anybody has any information or interest, or would like to help in any way I gladly welcome your help. I can be reached via PM or email. (PM me if you need to email me)

As usual, unzip the two firmware* files to the root of a (preferably empty, 4K-cluster FAT32) microSD/TF card. Then boot the machine. It will start flashing the machine. When it is done it will give you a message in broken english about finishing your work and shutting down, etc. At this point you can hold the power button for about 20 seconds and then release it. If you wait too long the machine will start vibrating constantly. Do not worry, this is normal. When the machine is off, yank out the SD card, and either replace it with a different one or remove the firmware2 and firmware-discovery files. Then have fun with your device!

I also recommend always recalibrating the screen after flashing. It will save much frustration.

Anyway, I am going back to hax on ad-hoc support!

Happy hacking

--tch

PS: I highly recommend either Zeam or LauncherPro (pay for the full version - it is worth it). They really make the device that much zippier, and make it nicely theme able and slick looking as well, IMO. BetterKeyboard is also choice - makes typing a dream
biggrin.png

http://thechillhacker.com/media/Superpad2-Flytouch3-modified-2.2-20110325-thechillhacker.zip

OK, got the new ROM flashed. Trying to use Titanium Backup to redo my apps and I keep getting the error "Parse Error. There is a problem parsing the package." And I can hit OK, but then it doesn't load the app. Did I do something wrong? FT3 is still rooted, but for some reason I think I am going to have to reinstall all my apps one by one from the market...

Upvote 0
rob try install 'busybox' many rooted apps need this to function.
or try a freshly formatted sdcard also

if still not working, in future download your apps from 'brainapp' it tracks your downloaded apps for easy reinstall

I got brainapp, I guess you have to register for it to track for you? Titanium backup works for me and these roms do have improvements over the default ones. I know its small but my vibration feature never worked when keypressing, now it works!

Upvote 0
OK, got the new ROM flashed. Trying to use Titanium Backup to redo my apps and I keep getting the error "Parse Error. There is a problem parsing the package." And I can hit OK, but then it doesn't load the app. Did I do something wrong? FT3 is still rooted, but for some reason I think I am going to have to reinstall all my apps one by one from the market...
I had the same issue with the ROM and Titanium Backup, tried everything. But once I redid the root, Titanium worked like a charm. Maybe this would help.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the ROMs. I tried it because of the ad hoc networking. However, I tried to connect it to a WMWifirouter running on Windows Mobile phone with 3G connection to the Internet. I check the WMWifirouter is running properly by setting up an ad hoc network with a Windows XP lap top.

When I tried to connect my Superpad:

1. Superpad was able to see my Windows Mobile Phone SID in the wifi settings (hooray).

2. Superpad was able to connect and get an IP address from Windows Mobile phone. I check the WMWifirouter and it sees the Superpad.

3. Superpad was unable to get on the Internet - browser, Marketplace etc cannot connect.

Did I miss out something?

How was your test set up for the ad hoc networking?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones