• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Software update-Anything New?

My WiFi isn't working since the update. Anybody else had this or any other problems?

Steve.

Ill assume you debranded your handset at some point in the past, you need to have a gold card inserted when you update OTA.

You can update with the new RUU thats available with the update included already.

http://androidforums.com/1550450-post31.html

That post gives the link to the RUU

Reactions: Steve_S_T
Upvote 0
Auto-sync settings always seem to change with any updates (it had added stocks and facebook to auto-sync which I don't want it to do)

I think that was the only setting that had changed after update. With the previous froyo update there were more changes in settings, always good to check them after any update.

As for the update itself, it has added text-to-speech for english touch input (long press the EN button) and many have reported it to be faster (haven't really noticed myself), and of course those multiple inbox and rus keyboard things. If anyone else has noticed something more, please report :)

Upvote 0
was just about to go to bed, and turned my phone on to set my alarm, only to see a notification that an update was avaiable. Its downloaded now, and currently installing. Came on here to see if anyone has info on it. Not much at the moment, but it is 2 am so thats fair enough. I'll wait till later tomorrow to see if there's more info

Upvote 0
Seen 2 updates over the air on the htc site yet still not had an update currently 2.1 desire on Orange any reason for this ,am down to last. 16mb of internal memory want freedom of 2.2 ,someone please enlighten me

it would be because your phones branded by orange, so when the update comes out you have to wait for orange to put their 'stamp' on it so to speak

Upvote 0
Be aware that when you follow the procedure from RetroDude, you will erase everything on your phone!

I knew that thanks, that's why I followed your link and did it that way. I did consider the other option for a while - the advantages being that I could put the Goldcard on the 16gb sd card that I use rather than the 4gb that I initially used to de-brand and that sometimes a fresh install seems to free up memory on the phone by clearing out clutter and making you reconsider the apps you have on the phone - but couldn't be bothered with all the extra time that process takes.

Steve.

Upvote 0
I have a pretty rigid routine in the morning - check e-mails and Twitter then spend half an hour or so reading news feeds on Feed R. This usually takes my Desire battery from full to 85% or so, but this morning I only dropped down to 91%. Hardly scientific, reliable evidence I know, but it would be great if I really have gained some extra battery life from this update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones