• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New software update coming soon

According to Gadgetian.com and a few other sites, the update is rolling out now, don't know how reliable the source is, but according to Verizon's page it's still "coming soon", and I checked on mine and it's not here yet. I look forward to the new radios at least. When you guys get the update let us know, thanks

And to Thats - hope you have fun with your nexus if you get one, been reading a lot of people posting different problems and poor quality of the device.

Should start a thread listing the pros of sticking with the thunderbolt, a few (in my opinion) are - better reception (from what I've read), the kickstand I wish HTC would have stuck with, better build quality, micro sc card support, camera, design, having most of the bugs worked out already, price, not having to extend your contract, and better support with working apps for gingerbread- granted I know some of these will change as the nexus gets older, and there's plenty of pros to the phone but hey - this is the thunderbolt section

Reactions: jj3699 and Thats
Upvote 0
According to Gadgetian.com and a few other sites, the update is rolling out now, don't know how reliable the source is, but according to Verizon's page it's still "coming soon", and I checked on mine and it's not here yet. I look forward to the new radios at least. When you guys get the update let us know, thanks

And to Thats - hope you have fun with your nexus if you get one, been reading a lot of people posting different problems and poor quality of the device.

Should start a thread listing the pros of sticking with the thunderbolt, a few (in my opinion) are - better reception (from what I've read), the kickstand I wish HTC would have stuck with, better build quality, micro sc card support, camera, design, having most of the bugs worked out already, price, not having to extend your contract, and better support with working apps for gingerbread- granted I know some of these will change as the nexus gets older, and there's plenty of pros to the phone but hey - this is the thunderbolt section

When I picked one up in my hand, it was so light and felt like it melded into my hand. I loved it. We shall see, maybe we get ICS on this thing first and I don't end up buying it!

Upvote 0

Got it a little before 5pm

Upvote 0

Thanks, still waiting on mine. Any differences as far as notification sounds being better, radios seem to be any better?
Sometimes 4glte overpowers my wi-fi signal. That never happened. The clock app is now available. We should start a thread for the new and or exciting features noticeable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones