• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Captivate - Address Book

Switched over from iphone 3GS today, rooted, installed Cognition 2.2 BETA7 :)

Now, it's time to put my personal data into the phone! So, what should I do to upload my contacts? Apparently this did not come over from the SIM, but I have the data in the Address Book program on my mac.

Should I input this stuff into my google account, directly enter the data into the phone, or something else?

Thanks for the help.

I think this is what I did about 3 months ago

Click which group of contacts or the individual contact you want to export from your Address Book on your Mac (e.g. "All Contacts" or "John Doe"). From the File menu select Export. Click "Export Group vCard" or "Export vCard" depending on whether you are exporting a group of contacts or just a single contact. Save vCard file to a known location.

From Gmail click "Contacts". Click the "Import" link on the right side of the screen. Click "Browse" and find the location of the vCard file you saved above. Click the "Import" button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones