• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the forum

Dhburton

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum. I am a manager at a HUGE airline and i am responsible for managing the technology in our Operations Control Center. It's basically a huge NORAD style facility that serves as the central command and control for the airline.

I have a non rooted HTC Eris i got back in december from Verizon. I'm running android 2.1 that I installed via the system update a few weeks ago. I liked my droid when it was on 1.5 but I love it with 2.1. I originally wanted an iPhone but just couldn't stomach AT&T or having to constantly bow at the iTunes alter and kiss Steve Jobs ring whenever I wanted something for the phone.

I DO have an iPad and like it but with the exception of having too small of a screen and needing a little more processor speed my Droid runs circles around the iPad in virtually every way. I feel the same way about the android market being better and much more cost effective than the istore. If they come out with an iPad device with the android OS and if it runs as well as the droid phone then the iPad is going straight to eBay!

I am very interested in rooting my phone but a little scared to do so before being able to do an early upgrade to get a new phone in december in case I brick it. Would like to get other opinions on that.

See you around the forums!

:thinking:
I'm very savvy when it comes to technology but have never done anything quite like rooting my phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones