• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Unbricking method for LG MS840 Connect brick ( Guranteed to Work)

Upvote 0
Oh sorry about that try this link https://dl.dropbox.com/s/uhv20k0dzenphg5/connect img.7z?dl=1 . Also after reading around you said you have a full brick can you verify please that download mode works first, if it does then proceed if download mode doesn't work then this won't work unfortunately. Sorry about that and if you cant access download mode then bes thing to do is take it to metro and tell them it wont turn on ever since you woke up this morning and you have no idea what happened.

Reactions: Dvncn
Upvote 0
Hi, I'm a nube who just bricked my phone while rooting it. I really need help getting it back. I used an all in one root with cwm now if it turns on it goes straight into cwm which is useless cuz if i try to boot it just loops back to cwm.. As I am a nube I would really appreciate it if someone could break down how to unbrick my phone. As I am going to work, I would also appreciated if it could be emailed. if not its fine. please looking for solutions!!!!

Upvote 0
I think I'm confused here. First of all, I wonder where the heck I was when this thread started, I never noticed it. Second, I thought I made up the word "asshat" I've been using it for years....obviously I didn't lol. Third, what was the problem with LG updater tool that this method had to even be thought of? I use the LG updater tool all the time, from where I'm mucking about on my phone and decide it might just be best to start over. ZVA is the latest version and the LG Updater tool always takes you back to that. If you want a complete redo like you just got your phone out of the box, just wipe your card, format it and run the updater. Re root and install the ROM of your choice. It seems to me y'all are making things more complicated than they are. Or else I am just totally missing something here. Which could very well be the point.

anna

Upvote 0
I think I'm confused here. First of all, I wonder where the heck I was when this thread started, I never noticed it. Second, I thought I made up the word "asshat" I've been using it for years....obviously I didn't lol. Third, what was the problem with LG updater tool that this method had to even be thought of? I use the LG updater tool all the time, from where I'm mucking about on my phone and decide it might just be best to start over. ZVA is the latest version and the LG Updater tool always takes you back to that. If you want a complete redo like you just got your phone out of the box, just wipe your card, format it and run the updater. Re root and install the ROM of your choice. It seems to me y'all are making things more complicated than they are. Or else I am just totally missing something here. Which could very well be the point.

anna

People with refurbished Connects can't update using the LG Update Tool, by using these all of us unfortunate users with refurbished units must use this to update

Reactions: dulal18
Upvote 0
People with refurbished Connects can't update using the LG Update Tool, by using these all of us unfortunate users with refurbished units must use this to update

Ah, I didn't realize that. That stinking blows. I know you can use the new knew superuser app supersu to take you back to stock, but you have to be able to get to the app to be able to do that.

Upvote 0
what is flashing, and how do i flash the developer?

Sorry about the unfortunate bricking. And as hyperpurple said (thanks buddy for the help). Looks like your problem will be solved with a easy delopper flash sorry for delayed answer have to work 7days crazy life. Here is the delooper http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/cayman/CWM-Loop-DeLooper.zip all credit goes to shabbypenguin for this. What you will have to do is download this delooper file. And you will need to copy that over to your phone's micro SD card. Unfortunately since your stuck in recovery you will need to use a cardreader, camera whatever to connect to the pc and copy this delooper zip file anywhere on the micro sd card. Once you have copied that file insert the card back to your phone. And when your into CWM clockworkmod recovery select install zip from sdcard, then choose zip from sdcard then select the CWM-Loop-DeLooper.zip that you have downlaoded form the given link. And then go down and select yes and bam you will have a working phone. Once the phone start please reinstall CWM using this tool. http://bravo.d-h.st/zei/00011/CWM-Installer-LG-Connect-4G.zip?key=1344746503 thanks to Playfulgod ofcourse for the link from him wiki site. And btw this CWM is touch and is beautiful so enjoy. AND ofcourse before I forget MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP.

Reactions: hYpHyPuRpLe
Upvote 0
okay, i got a an issue that really concerns me. So can someone help on this problem. So i followed your instruction but yet my phone wont start at all. not even go to download mod. in the other hand it might be that the bacteria isn't charged. but i can't know if the bacteria is fully charged because it wont show me shit other than few or a couples blinking lights at the bottom where the home keys are staged. so what should i do?! :mad:

Upvote 0
okay, i got a an issue that really concerns me. So can someone help on this problem. So i followed your instruction but yet my phone wont start at all. not even go to download mod. in the other hand it might be that the bacteria isn't charged. but i can't know if the bacteria is fully charged because it wont show me shit other than few or a couples blinking lights at the bottom where the home keys are staged. so what should i do?! :mad:

Blinking lights are a sign that the phone is completely dead and is charging. Just let it charge for a bit

Upvote 0
i got a fully charged battery from a different phone. But still on the same page; where it just does nothing nor does it goes to the download mod stage.

How did this end up happening?! And are you sure you know how to get into download mode correctly? That's happened to me before. I don't really know if this is the correct way but take the battery out and plug the phone into the computer. Hold both volume + and - keys and put the battery back in. Should go into download mode

Reactions: dulal18
Upvote 0
How did this end up happening?! And are you sure you know how to get into download mode correctly? That's happened to me before. I don't really know if this is the correct way but take the battery out and plug the phone into the computer. Hold both volume + and - keys and put the battery back in. Should go into download mode

As he said, follow those and it must and should work, unless the phone just has some serious hardware issue or someting. Or its fully hard bricked meaning needs nand flashing via Manufacturer.

Upvote 0
But anyways, you guys/gals got any suggestion to my problem.mainly because i fully charge my battery with another phone i got and then did the following : take the battery out and plug the phone into the computer. Hold both volume + and - keys and put the battery back in. Should go into download mode.... and at the end i got nothing. But yet when i just USB connect my phone with the battery in. i get this connection with the computer.. but nothing happens because it never finds the driver. and yes i already have the phone drive install already...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones