New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012General

1. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Original thread on XDA... so far determined to be real, what's new/changed is unknown so far but it is assumed to be bug fixes from OTA release.

Original thread has the Update.Zip (103.7MB) attached for those wishing to dig into it further.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

Interesting. With these kinds of updates, is it still beneficial to do a factory reset after?
  3. acejavelin

Hard to say, doing a factory reset is not always the answer after an update... my suggestion would be to wait and let it play out and see what happens.
  4. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

WTH? I waited until after the OTA to go S off be then this drops? Weak!
  5. acejavelin

lol... well I am sure someone will incorporate these changes into a custom ROM. You are using a custom ROM correct? Otherwise why would you be S-Off?

BTW, this update seems to be the long awaited "Global" mode update for the Rezound. It is digitally signed by HTC so it is official...

Attached Files:

6. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

This does not seem to be very realistic. I would imagine that it would take some time to actually sort through all the code and find/fix all the bugs. I would not expect an update for a couple of months, if ever.

Just looked on my phone and no update is available.
  7. Drivembig

Drivembig Active Member

According to other sites that I saw, it is adding global capabilities to ICS.
  8. left4dead

left4dead Well-Known Member

Checked yesterday and again today - says NO update available?

I'm out in California. Is this new update legit?
  9. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Yes....

It is legit....
  10. acejavelin

It is very legit... digitally signed by HTC, but it appears that the one developer at XDA that got it was a beta/soak test because a couple days later he got another update that said it was just to test if the other update worked (weird, I know)... so I am assuming this might take a week or two before it starts rolling out, or it could be like the ICS sandwich update and this is the first of several "tests" and might take a few MONTHS to fully roll out.
  11. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

Are their any fixes/improvements along with this update besides the global roaming?
  12. acejavelin

The number of people who have tried is limited so it is hard to say, although one user reported that the heat issue with early hardware is resolved, and there have been reports that the occasional 3G/4G data drop issue is resolved... but there have been reports of bugs with it as well, static (non-Live) wallpaper won't change correctly and apps that change the status bar icons revert well on a call (like custom battery icons go back to stock during a call). Plus we know there are a couple new apps (MovieEditor and something else stupid) and Mobile IM is removed. All that being said, there haven't really been enough people using it yet to see what it truly effects in all hardware/software combinations. That is about all we know for sure, but it has been the consensus now that this was more of a test from HTC and a work in progress, so you can lay off the Check Updates button a little bit. :)
  13. acejavelin

Mr. Boom likes this.
  14. Mr. Boom

Yay. Thanks
  15. Mr. Boom

I flashed this last night and it does seem better than the OTA. I have been on my phone for a good twenty minutes steady and it is at 108F. That sounds better doesn't it? Before I would be at 115F in five minutes.
  16. Bsheedy

Bsheedy Member

Which mirror did you use? I have tried the first two and they start downloading and at some point it gets interrupted and fails. The first one got about 80% downloaded and failed. I don't know if it's an issue with my phone or the site I'm downloading from.
  17. Mr. Boom

I used the link for Mirror 1. Might be busy!
    Bsheedy likes this.
  18. Bsheedy

Bsheedy Member

I'll keep trying, thanks!
  19. Mr. Boom

FWIW, i used the link for mirror 1 because the others had lots of ads. That annoys me, so i did the first one. IT worked but took about fifteen minutes on my laptop thru wifi on ATT DSL.
  20. Drivembig

Drivembig Active Member

This OTA will eventually hit all phones correct?
  21. acejavelin

Mirror 1 or 5 should be you best choices... 1 is beta.androidfilehost.com, specifically for android ROMs and developers only, 5 uses MirrorStack, which attempts to chose the mirror best suited to your connection and location.
  22. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

yeah, i got it from link 1, was waiting for them to put that host up there. didnt take long to get after that.

im gonna hold off updating for now though, i have reset my phone 2 times in like 2 weeks now, not up for another right now. ill see if the OTA gets pushed soon.
  23. acejavelin

From AndroidPolice today, change logs and more info on RUU v4.3.605.2:

Features/Enhancements

1. Global support enabled
    Issues Resolved

1. Let’s Golf 2 v1.2.1
    2. Skype video call – color incorrect
    3. Lockup
    4. Mobile Hotspot shows incorrect number of devices
    5. Time displayed after powering off and then right back on
    6. BUA+ read requests
    7. BUA+ not displaying in Landscape mode
    8. Data stall
    9. Mobile IM removed
    10. Guided tour video can now be found in “Basic Set-up and Usage Videos”
    11. Location settings pop-up removed
    12. Data widget updated
    13. IPv6 default set to “Enabled”
    14. VMM version updated to 0.37
    15. Static IP
    16. VVM notification in “all Messages” tab after deleting
    17. VCAST Music – removed MP3 purchase references
    We're also hearing that the end date for this trial is September 3rd - presumably, that means that if everything goes well, that's the date it's going to get approved and possibly roll out to everyone shortly after.
    stkorn97 likes this.
  24. Mr. Boom

Today was first full day on this. Heating is better, but i used my OEM extended battery and it was dead at 2:30. On Newts or Nils, the standard battery would last until 4:30 or 5:00. So there is still an issue i think.