• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New update with no scrolling wallpaper??

magnostorm

Lurker
Mar 8, 2012
Hi,

Just had the new 2.3.5 update yesterday which is great, but the old wallpaper screen that would scroll through has been replaced with a static screen. Is there a way to still use the old scroll screen so i can still use my pictures with out being croped?

Thanks
Paul.

Well, that's how Sense 3.0 goes... static image for wallpaper, though I don't know about whether other sense 3.0/3.5 ROM (requires rooting first) around have scrollable wallpaper or not since I haven't root my phone yet.
If you're not rooted as well, you might want to wait patiently for Sense 3.6(+ICS!) to come down in the next 3-4 months or so, it's more likely to keep scroll wallpaper ala stock android, since they say they're trimming the Sense fatty issue.

Upvote 0
Sense 3.5 ROM here and it doesn't scroll. As said above ICS does scroll but I don't know if ICS with sense 3.6 or 4.0 will do it, perhaps someone else knows more on the subject.

Without rooting though you'll be waiting a long time to get ICS on the DHD, I would guess 6months+ going by some of the sites I have seen, but they could be wrong.

Upvote 0
The DHD isn't getting Sense 4.0 as far as I know so don't get too excited there bud.

Except there's already a HTC One V Sense 4.0 port on XDA. The only things not working at this moment are the camera, wifi and usb tether, which is pretty amazing.

I don't get why would anyone buy a new phone just because it doesn't have Sense 4.0, but this way you can have it and keep your phone still.

Upvote 0
My question is why it continues to crop the images for backgrounds as though the the image will stretch across all the home screens? I loved the scrolling, but the downside was that it made it hard to find good images for backgrounds that wouldn't be blown up funny or otherwise skewed. The benefit to not having the scrolling background anymore should be that I don't have to stretch images for my background anymore, but it still wants to do that. Very frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones