• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New User! Couple of questions!

reLLy

Lurker
May 12, 2010
Hi everyone,

Just got an HTC Magic yesterday and man I can't put it down! Just have a couple of questions that I've scoured the internet for and can't find!

1. I notice on my husband's HTC Dream that in his contact list, the people he has on Google Talk have an online/offline indicator. I can't find a way to do this on the Magic, is this available? I don't even know how to link my Google Talk friends with their contact file.

2. Another capability the Dream has that I am trying to find is how to pull up a contact's barcode. I can't even figure out how to pull up my own. Any suggestions?

3. I am having some troubles with my calendar. I work at a bar, and when I put my work shift in the calendar it is from 11pm to 2:30am the next day. For example, I work Thursday night and it shows up like this: Thursday: Work 11pm-2:30am then Friday: Work 11pm-2:30am it seems confusing that it doesn't show up as Thursday: Work 11pm-11:59pm Friday: Work 12am-2:30am. I'm just totally crazy? Maybe I'm just use to the way it shows up in the blackberry calendar with no time on the second day?

The other calendar problem I'm having is also maybe just something I'm used to from blackberry in that I normally write the event as "Work" and then I write the location as which job I'm working at (I have two) so that they are differentiated in the calendar like "Work (Bar)" and "Work (Store)" without me having to write which place it is in the event name. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Laurel

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones