• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newbie, need help updating

MoatazS

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Hello, I just bought an HTC Desire that is officially unlocked today, and I was playing around with it and wanted to update it, now, I am not sure how to do this, but...I went to settings > About Phone > Software information > Firmware version was *2.1-update1*.
So, I went up to System software updates > Check Now > and it told me that my phone is up to date, now, is there something wrong, or am I updating it the wrong way? I know that Froyo already released on the Desire. Basically, I am wondering how to update, or if I'm doing the right thing, what's wrong?
Help is appreciated, thanks a lot.

Android 2.2 has only been released for people with unbranded phones ie people who have not got there phone from a network,basically your phone needs to have Firmware version 1.21.405.2 which is the generic htc firmware.

If you do not have that firmware version you will have to wait until your network provider decides to release 2.2 to you and then update.

On a side note if you do not wish to wait,it is possible to "debrand" your phone and flash the generic rom onto your phone and so get the latest update,just search for "debrand desire guide" on this forum or google and you will find plenty of guides on how to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones