• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie: Video Chat

bizres

Lurker
Dec 22, 2012
Hello,

I've just got my first Android device, a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and have been trying to install some apps with it, mainly to do with chat (Skype, Y! Messenger, Google Video), so I'll go one-by-one:

I've successfully installed Skype on the device, but while voice chat works perfect, Video calls are not working - On the Duos, I don't see any option to make a video call, while on the PC version I can select the video call to make a video call to the Duos. However, even though a video call is placed to the Duos, there's no video anywhere.

Yahoo Messenger:
I've installed the base app onto the Duos, but when I go around trying to install the Video/Voice plugin, it says the bersion is not compatible with my device (surprisingly, the Yahoo Messenger app Requires Android 2.0.1 and up which the Y Duos meets:thinking:

Google Video/Voice:
Pretty much similar to the Skype situation. Also, here there's an added issue: if a call is placed from the PC to the Duos, accepting the call on the Duos doesn't actually connect the call (the person on the PC still hears the ringing sound).

Am I to do any additional settings somewhere to get these things working or what's happening?

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones