• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help news about firmware 2.1

lolbanner

i7500.jpg

Upvote 0
Is anyone following that topic on the Chinese forum? Hope springs eternal in the human breast, hehe.

Add: esp. anyone actually speaking Chinese, as it's pretty hard to read it using just Google Translate.
subject:report of technical support
product: Mobile Phone
date of report: 15/04/2010
model:GT-I7500U
report code:N/A
distributor: Ai Shi De
start date:15/04/2010
title: about updating firmware of GT-I7500U
(1)
background:

GT-I7500U supports BlueTooth, but the current version(1.5) firmware does not add this function.

(2)
solutions:
when customers come to ASC and consult about bluetooth support, please tell them:
1. The department of mobile phone will release the new version fw which can support BlueTooth recently(scheduled for late May)

2. the update will be free(SBSC will pay 10 RMB each to ASC )

(3)
Notice:

Please concern the future report to know the other details.

Because the technical report is an internal document, must keep it in secrect.

Upvote 0
Actually, I can read the Chinese. But I don't see any definitive signs saying that 2.1 will come for I7500. All it says is the current 1.5 doesn't support bluetooth, but a newer firmware which will come out in May, will support bluetooth.

The title is as translated, but does that mean 2.1 will come out? I most definitely hope that is the case, especially 'cause I want a Chinese 2.1, but we shall see.

Upvote 0
Actually, I can read the Chinese. But I don't see any definitive signs saying that 2.1 will come for I7500. All it says is the current 1.5 doesn't support bluetooth, but a newer firmware which will come out in May, will support bluetooth.

The title is as translated, but does that mean 2.1 will come out? I most definitely hope that is the case, especially 'cause I want a Chinese 2.1, but we shall see.

I think the new X10 supports BT transfer and stuff, but it's still on 1.6, probably cos SE added their own drivers and did some tweaking. Perhaps Samsung would do that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones