Newsstand icon missingGeneral

1. Hsaltz

Hsaltz Member

It show up that I have it installed when I look in google play and that it is updated. Also in the app manager it is there and it will let me uninstall the update and force stop it but I can't find the icon anywhere. I have checked in all my folders, disabled app list and in the pages of all the apps. This is on a AT&T S4 with the 4.3 update. No other issues with the update.

I am new to android as I have only had this for about a month and a half.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums.i see your samsung s4 having trouble with the newsstand app. Need some information to help you better. Have you rooted or mod the device in any way .
  3. Hsaltz

Hsaltz Member

It is not rooted or mod.
  4. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

It put both rss feed all in one it isn't a app til u join a feed that you want to read about .
  5. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Look for it as "Play Newsstand."

Also, you might need to change the sort order of your various apps in the all apps area. In that area hit the bottom left of the screen to pull up a menu, and then select view type. I prefer "Alphabetical grid."
  6. Hsaltz

Hsaltz Member

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all of the above and still nothing.
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Try Settings/More Application Manager.

Then at the list of applications, scroll over to the right where the applications which are "turned off" are listed. I think that removes the icon.
  8. Hsaltz

Hsaltz Member

Goodspike, just looked, not their
  9. Hsaltz

Hsaltz Member

After installing nova launcher the icon showed up