• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 2 now a Nexus S ?

UniqueNate

Android Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2010
Alexandria
Biggest rumor mill I have seen when it comes to leaks. Wat do you guys think? First Details of the Samsung Nexus S Emerge | Android Phone Fans

This story has been all over the net. Mainly Androidandme.com. Personally I think Google will have another Nexus phone, but the point of those phones are getting the experience out. I think people will let themselves down a little if they expect some monster phone. They can expect something nice though. I mean look how many phones topped the Nexus one in specs after that was released. Thing is people love the Stock UI and want the latest updates.

If this rumor becomes a reality, then it's a step up in screen, has a front facing camera to take advantage of the Google Video Chat feature to come, processor I assume, and hopefully more.

I think something is being made, but idk if it will be here this year in my opinion. Samsung could make something better by next year to compete with the Tegra 2.

I partly agree that people shouldnt expect a "monster phone" with the release of the nexus 2 or nexus s. I do think that google should come out of the gates swinging, like you said look how many phones toped the nexus one after it came out. Google has the upper hand in the game because they now what software is in the works before anyone else (They own android) so why dont they step up and do something that no one is expecting. i would like to see the nexus 2 with the first dual core processor. 1.4 or 1.6 Ghz, 16gb internal memory, expandable 32gb mirco sd. HD AMOLED display, run a gpu that stomps on the galaxy s, 1 or 1.5 gb ram, 8mp back facing camera with dual led and a 3mp front facing camera, and release with 3.0. I think that would be a "monster phone". Like we both said previously, we cant expect something like that. as a matter of fact i dont expect something like that. LOL but hey its fun to dream! ;-)

Upvote 0
I partly agree that people shouldnt expect a "monster phone" with the release of the nexus 2 or nexus s. I do think that google should come out of the gates swinging, like you said look how many phones toped the nexus one after it came out. Google has the upper hand in the game because they now what software is in the works before anyone else (They own android) so why dont they step up and do something that no one is expecting. i would like to see the nexus 2 with the first dual core processor. 1.4 or 1.6 Ghz, 16gb internal memory, expandable 32gb mirco sd. HD AMOLED display, run a gpu that stomps on the galaxy s, 1 or 1.5 gb ram, 8mp back facing camera with dual led and a 3mp front facing camera, and release with 3.0. I think that would be a "monster phone". Like we both said previously, we cant expect something like that. as a matter of fact i dont expect something like that. LOL but hey its fun to dream! ;-)

I think whatever it is the device can be appreciated. I mean you have to also know other Android devices will be coming next year with Tegra 2 and have 2.3 Gingerbread and future firmware releases on it. So the point again, is Google experience phones are to get the experience out there and yearly have better specs for the successor. In this case the nexus 2 or whatever the name will be will be a better phone then the original nexus. Their doing enough to realize the the hardware will have to change to stand up with the firmware/ui/etc.

I personally will appreciate whatever it is we have coming here. I think I will wait on a flagship tegra 2 phone for sprint since they are my carrier. I am also curious as to when samsung will use their new processor that will compete with the tegra 2. I believe it's called the Orion and it's dual core.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones