• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 and pre paid cell phone services questions

nmeurett

Lurker
Nov 5, 2012
I am seriously considering leaving Cellcom (WI regional cell phone provider) for a pre paid service like StraightTalk *( I will have to pay an $100 early termination fee if I leave before 6/1/12) as I am sick and tired of getting crappy Android phones (Their newest phone which was just released is the Motorola Razr Maxx) when they are able to offer the IPHONE 5 a week after release.

I am looking at the Google Nexus 4 and love all the specs minus the 4g but that really isnt a deal breaker. My question is i have heard rumors that HTC was going to be making a Nexus phone and I am worried that if I buy the Nexus 4 the HTC Nexus 5 will be released within 3 months.

Does anyone have any insight on if the Nexus 5 is going to be coming out (ive read that it might not now that the HTC DNA is coming out) and also what is the best pre paid service? I dont talk much on the phone but do use data and alot of texting. I want the cheapest plan but in our area we do not have tmobiel we only have AT&T. Any help would be greatly apriciated.

There is always going to be a better phone right around the corner, if you play the waiting game you will never be happy. That said, I seriously doubt that they would release another nexus in 3 months, more like 6 to 10.

If you don't have T-Mobile near you I would check out Straight Talk as that will allow you to piggyback on AT&T's network. Just read the fine print, I know there are data caps but I think they are soft caps (throttling instead of cutting off service when you hit it.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones