Nexus 4 Bumper AvailabilityGeneral

1. wilkster79

wilkster79 Active Member

Has anyone been able to pry an info out of the Google Play reps on when they might have the bumpers back in stock? Whenever I call they are clueless, as usual.

This is just ridiculous. I can't see how they can't pump out tens of thousands of rubber bumpers per day. How complicated can the manufacturing process possibly be for a damn bumper? Talk about poor supply chain management.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have some good news though. I ordered a bumper on launch day and it finally shipped out today. It is scheduled to arrive Monday so hopefully restocking the Play Store isn't far off.

I can't imagine how they could restock phones faster than bumpers.
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Terrible how they handle this ...

Eventually it'll even out though, from what I'm hearing some people that have ordered this Tuesday have gotten emails regarding their orders being shipped
  4. wilkster79

wilkster79 Active Member

Yeah, I ordered the phone on Tuesday (with a 2-3 week ship date at time of order). But as far as I can tell, they never had any bumpers available for purchase this past Tuesday.
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been waiting for the bumper to be in stock also. Thankfully in the 3 weeks I've had the phone I haven't dropped it
  6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

You better knock on wood twice brother...lol
  7. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

I really wanted to get the bumper, but I ordered a Diztronic case today. The prices that the official bumper is going for on ebay are ridiculous. I've seen bids of up to $90 and one with a "buy it now" option for $100. Its absolutely appalling.
    Trooper likes this.
  8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Diztronic the way to go...
  9. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Im sure theres some good cases out there for a better price.
  10. nexus_rocks

nexus_rocks New Member

On November 28th I got response from google that they will get bumpers with in 2 weeks. I think that was for existing orders so I am hoping next week there are some available to order.
  11. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Had a shipping email with tracking number from UK store this evening for my bumper ordered 21st November :D
  12. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Available now. Just ordered mine.

Attached Files:

RaLeX likes this.
  13. burgettc

burgettc New Member

back in stock as of 2:10 est, couldn't complete order in chrome, had to use firefox for some reason
    RaLeX likes this.
  14. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Got mine! To go around my non-existant phone.
    thebryceee likes this.
  15. thebryceee

Hahahah
  16. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member

How can they be out of stock again! They are made in China, they probably can produce thousands a day!

I am thinking ebay scalpers!
  17. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Looks to me like they're still accepting orders.
  18. thebryceee

Says sold out
  19. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

That thing is like a Unicorn! I find it absolutely ridiculous that Google doesn't have enough of these to go around.
  20. spriteboost

spriteboost Well-Known Member

i'm amazed to tho i'm guessing most of it was sold to ebay scalpers :O was tempted to do this but meh figured they'd have enough to go around its some plastic not hardware or anything super special. idk why ppl pay so much for the bumpers on ebay n not get a full body protector for dirt cheap lolz thats what i did :)
  21. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Just plain crazy how Google allowed this to turn into an eBay scalping frenzy..
  22. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

There is one selling on eBay right now for $120????? What!!!

That is just ridiculous...
  23. wilkster79

wilkster79 Active Member

I know, seriously!

Google got them back in stock yesterday, and they sold out again in a couple hours. I was able to get one this time, but the fact that they can't manufacture loads of these bumpers is mind boggling. It's a friggin piece of rubber/plastic.
  24. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

I managed to get one very shortly after they were available again, and received the UPS tracking number during the night:

Louisville, KY, United States
    12/12/2012 4:00 P.M. Departure Scan
    12/12/2012 2:26 P.M. Origin Scan

3-5 days means next Monday, probably.

[edit] Wow ...
    Scheduled Delivery:Thursday, 12/13/2012, By End of Day
    [/edit]

[edit] Double wow ...
    delivered and installed on my Nexus 4 before 10 a.m.
    [/edit]
  25. thebryceee

Lol look at how the cardboard was printed.

Attached Files: