• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus bricked(?) or is there a fix?

Sijmen

Lurker
Jun 15, 2015
Hi!

Since this weekend my LG Nexus 5 turned off when it got a minor shock to it and it has been "optimizing applications" for a long time, for many times... While I was at a festival I didn't have any screwdrivers or anything to check what the problem was. As I assumed the battery connector was loose.

The problem I am having is that it seems to be stuck on boot (dots flying around). So I've read a lot of posts and tried many things but nothing is working for me. I've read some other posts on this, and other, forums, but nothing seems to work for me (yet).

All I am getting is "remote: flash write failure" or it reboots and then it's locked again..
Trying to erase partitions gives me "remote: failed to erase partition".

Does this mean that some hardware is broken, and is there a way to check this. Or do you have any other tips i could try before giving up?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Sijmen

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones