• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus One Broken? Green/Orange LED flashing...

Brubblez

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
Hey there,

I bought a Nexus One second hand off eBay but it seems to be broken.
I plug it into the wall with a battery, orange/green led.
In wall without battery, orange/green led.
Off wall with battery, orange/green led.

How can I fix it?
I have tried entering recovery mode but just isn't working.
Battery has been charging all day.

I have never had an android or nexus so don't really understand whether this is an abnormal behavior, so Please Help :)

Edit: I should probably add that it never turns on :p just led flash.

Usually orange/green blinking indicates the phone is overheated. From your description, though, it sounds like the phone wasn't hot when you plugged it in. Do you have a stock battery in it? Maybe the battery is a third party battery and that is causing the problem, but then you mentioned it gives the same indication with no battery, so I'm not so sure.

You mentioned you bought it used, so it could have been mistreated and now has a low-level hardware problem. As a last ditch effort, you might leave the battery out over night and then in the morning put it back in, plug in the phone, and try to get into recovery for a wipe.

Reactions: mickey+mouse
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones