Nexus One Comparison from PhoneScoop

Last Updated:

1. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

The article would have lost me at: "...manages to pack in 54 more pixels (480x854, compared to 480x800 on the Nexus One)" (uh, try 54 x 480 or ~26,000 pixels), but I still read on :)

"Make it to the floor..."? I know it's coated with teflon, but really? Is the N1 really slipping out of their hands? The PhoneArena guys should probably lay off the Vaseline before they hold expensive phones.

DROID may run up to 600MHz, but it's actually running at 550MHz.

I blame American fatties for not being able to type on the DROID keyboard. The keyboard is not that bad and it certainly isn't the worst on the market. It's not great, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Really? "The sweet spot for the earpiece is very small, and moving the handset just slightly on our ear would cause us to lose sound altogether." How small are your ears?

Ugh, the misinformation in this article. DROID also has a second microphone for noise cancellation, although the N1 has a better algorithm to do so.

What a really bad review, basically a regurgitated Engadget review. I still feel like the ARS Technica article is and has been the best so far.

3. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

I actually would agree with this observation; sometimes when i put it to my ear naturally I don't hear hardly anything; a slide downward or left brings it in loud and clear.

Girlfriend had the same issue as well when answering my phone. Prob get better as I remember the sweet spot though; but legitimate (at least for me and my girl) observation.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I have not noticed the ear piece position problem or poor quality calls with the N1. Compared to the HTC Hero and Touch Diamond (which to be honest both had pathetic call quality) it's great and on a par with iPhone.

5. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

"neither of these devices are pretty" what the hell is
    he talking about. the nexus one is the most beautiful cell phones
    ever made. this really makes me mad, what a rediculous statement.
    the materials used to make the nexus are absolutely incredible. :mad: