• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Comparison from PhoneScoop

mi_canuck

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2010
Pretty straight up, objective review.... Comparing the Nexus One and the Droid to one another...

HTC Nexus One and Motorola DROID: side by side (Phone Arena Reviews)

showimage.php

(ironic to see the low battery on the Nexus :p )

The article would have lost me at: "...manages to pack in 54 more pixels (480x854, compared to 480x800 on the Nexus One)" (uh, try 54 x 480 or ~26,000 pixels), but I still read on :)

"Make it to the floor..."? I know it's coated with teflon, but really? Is the N1 really slipping out of their hands? The PhoneArena guys should probably lay off the Vaseline before they hold expensive phones.

DROID may run up to 600MHz, but it's actually running at 550MHz.

I blame American fatties for not being able to type on the DROID keyboard. The keyboard is not that bad and it certainly isn't the worst on the market. It's not great, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Really? "The sweet spot for the earpiece is very small, and moving the handset just slightly on our ear would cause us to lose sound altogether." How small are your ears?

Ugh, the misinformation in this article. DROID also has a second microphone for noise cancellation, although the N1 has a better algorithm to do so.

What a really bad review, basically a regurgitated Engadget review. I still feel like the ARS Technica article is and has been the best so far.

Upvote 0
Really? "The sweet spot for the earpiece is very small, and moving the handset just slightly on our ear would cause us to lose sound altogether." How small are your ears?

I actually would agree with this observation; sometimes when i put it to my ear naturally I don't hear hardly anything; a slide downward or left brings it in loud and clear.

Girlfriend had the same issue as well when answering my phone. Prob get better as I remember the sweet spot though; but legitimate (at least for me and my girl) observation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones