• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Cradle Dock - thoughts

I have the full body ZAGG invisible shield installed and it fits just fine in the desktop dock. In fact, the phone is now more secure in the dock since its a tighter fit. I can actually push back on the top of the phone and it wont fall out of the dock, which was a problem before I had the shield installed.

I had it fall out of the dock and onto the floor a few times while trying to use the touch screen while in the dock. Not anymore :)

Upvote 0
I have the full body ZAGG invisible shield installed and it fits just fine in the desktop dock. In fact, the phone is now more secure in the dock since its a tighter fit. I can actually push back on the top of the phone and it wont fall out of the dock, which was a problem before I had the shield installed.

I had it fall out of the dock and onto the floor a few times while trying to use the touch screen while in the dock. Not anymore :)

You are absolutely correct with the "more secure" aspect of the Zagg. It not only fits, but it is truly cradled to the point it would take serious effort to knock it off.

Upvote 0

Does it really come out that easily? I guess because it uses contacts rather than USB to connect? Even so I would have thought the wrap around on the cradle should hold the phone better than you suggest.

I might give it a miss if it is that poor.

Upvote 0
Does it really come out that easily? I guess because it uses contacts rather than USB to connect? Even so I would have thought the wrap around on the cradle should hold the phone better than you suggest.

I might give it a miss if it is that poor.

The phone is not secured in the dock at all. It just sits on the contact points. There is a slight wrap around on the bottom of the dock but thats it. Whenever I tried using the touch screen I had to be very careful otherwise to much pressure would cause it to fall off, especially if you use the upper half of the touch screen.

Upvote 0
+1 on complaints re: the phone not being secure in the dock. I've knocked the phone flat on the floor while grabbing it to silence the alarm in the morning. The slightest pressure on the screen or jolt to the table it sits on can cause it to go sliding out right to the floor. I've actually created a "bed" with my slip pouch right below the dock so it falls on the neoprene...

Upvote 0
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I'm happy someone's done this before. mih and cabinets, have you guys installed the ZAGG invisibleShield yourselves or was it done at a store you bought it at? I ordered mine yesterday or the day before from ZAGG themselves, and had no major issues installing it on phones in the past, but the clearance on the bottom seems like it should be perfect for it to work in the desktop dock. I'm deciding whether I want to install the skin myself or pay/ask someone at the store that sells them to do it for me.

Thanks ahead, any input is appreciated.

Upvote 0
serega12: Hi, I managed to install the ZAGG invisibleShield myself, it was a little tricky as the adhesive strips for each part of the phone can be a bit fiddly at times but the end result looks and works very well. Haven't treated myself to dock yet so I can't offer you much help there, sorry.

The only issue I had with ZAGG was applying the screen protector itself, no matter how many times I re-applied it, it would always look a bit naff and affect the glorious screen res of the phone (bubbles/residue), I am sure that this was more down to my application rather than the product though as I'd had a few beers when I decided it would be a good idea to apply it...yes, I know.

My overall advice: For best results do not try and apply when drunk.

Upvote 0
serega12: Hi, I managed to install the ZAGG invisibleShield myself, it was a little tricky as the adhesive strips for each part of the phone can be a bit fiddly at times but the end result looks and works very well. Haven't treated myself to dock yet so I can't offer you much help there, sorry.

The only issue I had with ZAGG was applying the screen protector itself, no matter how many times I re-applied it, it would always look a bit naff and affect the glorious screen res of the phone (bubbles/residue), I am sure that this was more down to my application rather than the product though as I'd had a few beers when I decided it would be a good idea to apply it...yes, I know.

My overall advice: For best results do not try and apply when drunk.

Also, don't use the supplied black sponge. It drops bits which are always visible when the screen is turned on. You're better off wetting your fingers in the supplied solution and then wetting the screen protector...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones