• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus one on Verizon For Sure in April with a "Surprise"!!

So what are everyone's thoughts on the N1 getting released at Google's I/O conference May 19th and 20th?

I really, REALLY hope we don't have to wait that long. It's been far too long already. Unless it's significantly revamped, upgraded, or somehow vastly improved, there's really no excuse for Verizon/Google to take this long.
Even worse, the Nexus One is quickly losing buyers to the Incredible, especially now that it's official. If/when the N1 finally does land on Verizon, I doubt we'll even get an explanation as to why we had to wait SO LONG.

Upvote 0
...Even worse, the Nexus One is quickly losing buyers to the Incredible, especially now that it's official. If/when the N1 finally does land on Verizon, I doubt we'll even get an explanation as to why we had to wait SO LONG.

Yep, I lost love for the Nexus One and pre-ordered the Incredible. Google really screwed up the Nexus One by 1) not offering in-store anywhere for people to see how great it could be and 2) taking too long with other carriers. I am a Google fan, but think they really could have done much better.

Upvote 0
Yep, I lost love for the Nexus One and pre-ordered the Incredible. Google really screwed up the Nexus One by 1) not offering in-store anywhere for people to see how great it could be and 2) taking too long with other carriers. I am a Google fan, but think they really could have done much better.

I'm really inclined to think that it wasn't Google's doing, but rather Verizon's. There wasn't much of a delay between getting the AT&T-compatible version out the door, and I guess switching bands counts for something, but not 3 months.

Upvote 0
I'm really inclined to think that it wasn't Google's doing, but rather Verizon's. There wasn't much of a delay between getting the AT&T-compatible version out the door, and I guess switching bands counts for something, but not 3 months.
It must be Sprint's fault too then, right?

I think Google and HTC realized the Clearpad2000 was an issue--because it was--and are retrofitting the maXTouch into the CDMA version of the Nexus One; if so, I'm not complaining.

Upvote 0
its hard to not want the incredible when everybody is talking about it and talking about how great it is, but i do want the nexus, it's just a matter of how long can i wait

this "surprise" better be real and good
Google: "Surprise! The Nexus One we're not releasing it for CDMA users... just kidding, they have maXTouch on it instead of Clearpad2000."

Upvote 0
I was reading in on the pricing for nexus one and if you went with skype or other voip services. It caught my interests with pricing and the growth of where technology will be going even in the mobile market I think were looking at voip calls in the future. With customers being upset with outrages prices plans per month. A simple unlimited data plan along with skype would change the game...

Take a look at Skype mobile for Verizon Wireless BlackBerry and Android 3G smartphones it talks about getting your account through verizon wireless... I think verizon is going to include a full integrated support for both the android device N1 and Skype services for your calling needs. Along with a 2 year term, kudos to them for being the first to publicly adopt this if it's the case and start on the road to true and fair pricing for cell phone plans.

Just my two cents, who knows maybe the surprise is a free ring tone with 2 year activation :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones