• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One shipping to Canada!

Can someone verify for me what the Rogers APN Settings are which I can use on the Nexus One?

Thanks!

im not sure what settings you need ill just put here what my htc magic says

Name - Rogers
APN rogers-core-appl1.apn
Proxy - none
Port - none
username - none
password - none
server - none
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy - 10.128.1.69
MMS protocol - WAP 2.0
MCC - 302
MNC - 720
apn type - not set

Upvote 0
Try this

Name: Rogers
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80

If that one did not work try the ones below

Current:
Menu->New APN

Name: Rogers
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80

Leave everything else alone.

Two Others:

carrier: Rogers
apn: internet.com
user: wapuser1
password: wap
mcc: 302
mnc: 72

carrier: Rogers MMS
apn: media.com
user: media
password: mda01
server: 172.25.0.107
mmsc: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
type: mms

Upvote 0
Oh this just sucks. I just bought a Milestone because it was about the best I could get, and switched from Telus > Rogers. I really wanted a Nex1 but figured it wouldnt be here until fall.

I've had a HUGE issue with Telus charging $7/mth ( !!) for caller ID, and Rogers gives it as a regular feature in it's plans, for no extra charge.

So now I'm stuck with Telus (well not really, i'm not locked in to contract) with a phone that was my 2nd choice, with a crappy pay-extra-each-month-for-callerID thing, when I could be we Rogers, have free callerID, and have a Nex1.

GRRRR!!

Please update this thread anyone if you order and receive and get a Nexus 1 going on Rogers.

Upvote 0
Oh this just sucks. I just bought a Milestone because it was about the best I could get, and switched from Telus > Rogers. I really wanted a Nex1 but figured it wouldnt be here until fall.

I've had a HUGE issue with Telus charging $7/mth ( !!) for caller ID, and Rogers gives it as a regular feature in it's plans, for no extra charge.

So now I'm stuck with Telus (well not really, i'm not locked in to contract) with a phone that was my 2nd choice, with a crappy pay-extra-each-month-for-callerID thing, when I could be we Rogers, have free callerID, and have a Nex1.

GRRRR!!

Please update this thread anyone if you order and receive and get a Nexus 1 going on Rogers.

The milestone is still a great phone i love it. But i PLEAD TO MOTOROLA TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER IN 2.1. And Rogers does not include it in there smartphone plans that is without voice plan that is a smartphone addon package but it is 3 dollars cheaper then Telus for callerid and text

Upvote 0
What is stopping you from getting a Nexus One and using it on the Telus network. I used a Bell SIM Card on my Nexus One, configured the APN settings and it worked like a charm. So I would imagine it would work just fine on Telus as well.

Yes according to the specs on the Nexus One, it supports all of Telus' 3G frequencies. The reason I want to get away from Telus is their crazy $7/month caller ID fee which I refuse to pay (and I hate not having caller ID right now! ) :eek:

But the last time I read about the Nexus One and the freqs it supported, it DID support the Rogers 3G freqs but apparently didn't have the necessary 'booster' chip on them, so it would only be able to connect to Rogers on 2G.

I'm pretty happy with my Milestone (Droid) so far, but if the N1 fully supports both Telus' and Rogers' 3G network frequencies, I'll might get one.

Upvote 0
Breakdown on cost - Google cost - $529 (Phone) + 27.16 (shipping) Total = 556.16USD (566.62CAD)

DHL costs - 26.86 GST on 537.20 (CAD value of phone) + PST 42.97 + Brokerage fee(taxed) 7.35 Total = $77.19

Grand Total = 643.81

Shiping costs are to NW Ontario

Have you tried it on Rogers network yet (3G) ? I'm interested to see if it connects 3G or just 2G.

Upvote 0
We just have 2G Edge up here in the sticks, but I'm sure it will connect fine on 3G. (Phone even has the option to do strictly 2G - to extend battery life)

The reason I asked, is I recall reading on either a forum or review blog that the Nexus One would only get 2G speeds on Rogers network because it didn't have some 3G 'booster' on it's 3G chip to effectively transmit/receive on the Rogers 3G frequencies. Just wanted to see if it was working ok on 3G before I go from my current Milestone -> Nexus one. :cool:

Upvote 0
The reason I asked, is I recall reading on either a forum or review blog that the Nexus One would only get 2G speeds on Rogers network because it didn't have some 3G 'booster' on it's 3G chip to effectively transmit/receive on the Rogers 3G frequencies. Just wanted to see if it was working ok on 3G before I go from my current Milestone -> Nexus one. :cool:

The performance increase from Milestone > Nexus isnt worth it. Wait for another android phone. Unless your getting it to root it and selling your Milestone. It would be a better idea thow to wait

Upvote 0
The performance increase from Milestone > Nexus isnt worth it. Wait for another android phone. Unless your getting it to root it and selling your Milestone. It would be a better idea thow to wait

I just like the animated screens :) And the glowing trackball thingy when there's new msgs. But yah, I've been very happy with my Milestone so far !

Upvote 0

I know the Original (Verizon Version) would be like that, but these are different versions, made specifically for AT&T/Rogers' versions of 3G.

Upvote 0
I know the Original (Verizon Version) would be like that, but these are different versions, made specifically for AT&T/Rogers' versions of 3G.

Yah that's what I was thinking, because when that piece of info was first posted (about only getting 2G on Rogers), the Android was still unavailable for shipping to Canadian locations.

I'm sure Rogers will be blasting us with TV commercials about them any time now, the way Telus did with the Milestone :cool:

Upvote 0
Yah that's what I was thinking, because when that piece of info was first posted (about only getting 2G on Rogers), the Android was still unavailable for shipping to Canadian locations.

I'm sure Rogers will be blasting us with TV commercials about them any time now, the way Telus did with the Milestone :cool:

hmm...I don't think Rogers can really market the N1...since it's a Google phone, it has nothing to do with Rogers. They can't claim that it's 'theirs' since it's not. And Rogers have no input on the N1 since for all tech support, you need to go through Google or HTC...well I'd think Rogers will give you support if it's network issue...

this is a quote from RogersRob on redboard.rogers.com when asked about the kind of testing Rogers have done on the N1:

RogersRob said:
There was no specialization from Rogers with the Nexus One.
The Nexus One is different to our standard Android phones in that it’s not certified, but we have validated on the network to ensure there are no major compatibility issues. Therefore we cannot offer technical support for the device as we can not guarantee how it will function on our network without going through the certification process.

The other devices Rogers certifies have been optimized to take advantage of the best quality services on our network. Depending on the device, services like MMS, call display, etc. may not work properly on non-certified devices.

I don't know...but the last sentence makes me very sceptical about Roger's service for the N1 since MMS is a network provider/carrier's service...for those who already have the N1 with Rogers, can you tell us (the people that are gathering info on the Rogers compatible N1) in some detail how well the N1 is fairing with you? Any issues you're noticing? I know there are a lot of threads on the N1...but basically all of the info is for the T Mobile version of the N1...so I just want to know if there might be some differences. Thanks :)

-Roze-

source: Putting the ‘eh’ in Android: Google’s Nexus One, My Account and Paid Apps now available in Canada

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones