• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One User Interface complaint/request

CAL7

Jan 13, 2010
This is my first non-keyboard phone, so bear with me as I get accustomed to the UI. However, two issues are really bothering my use of this phone:

1. The standby mode is very cumbersome. To save the battery, I understand it has to go into a reduced-power mode, but I can't tolerate the two-step: power button, then swipe the unlock icon.
  2. Similarly, answering a call with one hand is too hard. If I am at home and have a drink in my left hand and only have one hand to manage the phone, getting the swipe right is a real pain - I have missed calls because I couldn't manage it. Every other phone I have had (dozens) enabled "any-key" answer.
Any tricks I am missing? Thanks!

You get used to it. I can operate my phone with one hand, no problem. Then again, I might have bigger hands than you. Index finger hits the power button, while thumb enters lock code. Can do it all in a matter of seconds. Oh, I also do this all with my left hand, which puts the power button at the tip of the index finger, because if I do use two-hands, right hand does most of the other input if/where the left thumb falls short.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones